On This Day

 Encounters with Aliens on this Day

 April 4

1949 - William Parrott, former Air Force pilot and Major, sighted a round object with a curved bottom and dull coloring at 10:20 p.m. in Merced, California. The object gave off a clicking sound until overhead. Parrott's dog reacted by barking and running around while the UFO was in sight, about 35 seconds. (Source: Don Berliner, Project Bluebook UFO Unknowns).

1952 - At 7:30 p.m. two radar operators of the 147th AC&W Squadron in Duncanville, Texas tracked a UFO for one minute by radar moving at an estimated speed of 2,160 mph. (Source: Don Berliner, Project Bluebook UFO Unknowns).

1956 - At 3:15 p.m. retired US Army Captain Roy Hall, Charles Anderson and others in McKinney, Texas observed through telescopes a stationary oblong object. One telescope was a 6" diameter model and the other was a 55-200x telescope. The fat, oblong object had two lines around its middle. It remained stationary for six hours. (Source: Don Berliner, Project Bluebook UFO Unknowns).

1965 - Keesler AFB, Mississippi. At 4:05 a.m. USAF Airman Corum, a weather observer, sighted a 40 foot long back, oval-shaped object with four lights along the bottom (see sketch below). It flew in and out of a cloud bank for 15 seconds. It had four protruding lights evenly spaced on the bottom, and looked dark against the clouds. A college student named R. Pittman also sighted the object. (Sources: US Air Force Project Blue Book files counted in official statistics, case # 9345; Don Berliner, Project Bluebook UFO Unknowns).

Keesler AFB, Mississippi - 1965

1965 - On the same day at 10:15 a.m. in Valley Falls, New York a white egg-shaped or rectangular object (see sketch below) was observed directly in front of two jet fighters. The UFO ascended rapidly to avoid collision and moved rapidly away in the opposite direction. (Source: Raymond E. Fowler, UFOs: Interplanetary Visitors, p. 332).

Valley Falls, New York - 1965

1966 - A famous UFO close encounter case involving the bending of a car's headlights occurred on this night in Bourke's Flat, Victoria, Australia on the road between Bendigo and Saint Arnaud. Mr. R. Sullivan, age 38, was driving home when he encountered a heavy mist and a shining white, oval-shaped UFO that appeared above him with a cone of light descending from beneath it. Rainbow colored rays of light ran down the sides of the cone. His car's headlight beams were bent toward the object "as if they were pieces of pipe." Mr. Sullivan overcompensated in his driving and nearly crashed, but was able to stop the car. He then saw brilliant lights flashing in a field, followed by the abrupt departure of the UFO. The car headlights were OK after the incident. (Sources: Victorian UFO Research Society, Flying Saucer Review, May-June 1966, p. 3; Phenomenes Spatiaux, June 1966; Coral E. Lorenzen, UFOs: The Whole Story, p. 160; Jenny Randles, Time Storms: Amazing evidence for time warps, space rifts, and time travel, p. 29; Bill Chalker, The OZ Files, p. 114; Mark Rodeghier, UFO Reports Involving Vehicle Interference, p. 29).

1966 - Two UFOs were seen over the Trenton, Ontario airport on this night, and one landed on runway 113. It was about 20 feet in diameter. Two small men were seen near it. When the service police approached, the beings got back in the craft and it took off. (Source: David F. Webb and Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports, case A0706, citing NICAP; Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1966).

1977, Tucson, Arizona - A 52-year-old woman was watching jackrabbits by moonlight on the Veterans Administration Hospital grounds at 1:30 a.m. when she heard a whirring noise and looked up to see a luminous white UFO coming down for a landing. It was ellipsoidal in shape with fuzzy contours, and landed approximately 30 to 40 feet away. The top of the object was a soft luminous pink, and something like a horizontal periscope or boom protruded form the right side. The object was about 40 to 50 feet in diameter and about 20 feet high. The whirring ceased when it landed, but she saw no landing gear. Then a human like figure, well over six-foot tall with very broad shoulders, walked toward her from the UFO. She had not seen him emerge through a door in the craft. He wore a silvery one-piece uniform that was tight-fitting, like a frogman's wetsuit, and he had on mitten-like gloves. He spoke to her, saying "I am Onleel, I want to talk with you, come with me." She saw only his eyes and no other facial features. The eyes were large and dark. The voice was probably telepathic and it seemed to come from his eyes. She felt compelled to obey. The next thing she remembers she is inside the ship, with no recollection of how she got onboard.

She followed Onleel through a main central room and through a doorway to a smaller room. In the room are three or four other beings, in general similar to Onleel but smaller in size, between four to five feet tall. They wore brown one-piece suits with boots. Two were seated at a control panel, while the third stood before a screen. They paid no attention to her. She had the impression that might have been female, but there was nothing about their shape to suggest this except their smaller size. The fittings and furniture were all of "spun aluminum" and there was a bright light that illuminated the interior that came from no visible source.

In the smaller adjacent room Onleel sat the witness down and offered her an aluminum cup with liquid resembling milk. She declined the drink. Then Onleel asked her a number of questions, some of which were of a highly personal nature, indicating that he must already know a great deal about her. He asked her what she would do in various hypothetical situations, and he discussed with her aspects of reincarnation. When asked how she would react to the prospect of facing death, she responded by saying she would accept it. He told her that she was "one of the developing ones---there are many of you scattered all over the planet," and he said they "would be coming back for her." The witness asked when and why, and he answered, "it is not for you to know."

His voice came out in a metallic monotone, like it was computer generated. After the quiz, which lasted perhaps 20 to 30 minutes, she found herself outside the object with no recollection of how she got there, dazed and upset. She was on the street outside the VA Hospital grounds near her own apartment. She got home at about 2:30 a.m. There were many things about her experience she is unable to remember. She had been wearing a new pair of shoes, and that morning she noticed that they were covered with what looked like desert dust and burrs. In a way this confirmed for her the reality of her experience, that it had not been a dream. (Source: David F. Webb & Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports, case 1977-16, citing investigator Fred Dennis).

1977, Gorham, Coos County, New Hampshire - Mrs. Susanne Fortier was walking on the lawn behind her house with her collie dog at 8:15 p.m. Whe heard a sound like a "wind or whistle" and she then observed a small object land in the vicinity of the children's playhouse. It was about five feet in diameter, with eight "pods or legs", windows or doors all around it, and an antenna on top. The interior was a bright red, and it contained six three-foot-tall occupants who had long slit-like eyes, ape like noses, and no hair. The skin of their faces seemed very wrinkled. They wore gloves. Mrs Fortier could hear "a garble of voices" talking, like a bunch of CB voices, and felt a great deal of heat come from the craft. She watched it for about 15 minutes, after which it rose straight up and flew off to the south. When she got back in the house she found her face and legs red from the heat. Her dog, which reacted noticeably to the object, would still not let her go near the area a month later. No traces were found at the landing site, which had been muddy. (Source: David F. Webb & Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports, case 1977-15, citing investigator Mrs. Lorraine Duchesne, MUFON).

2003 - At 11:38 p.m. in Coral Springs, Florida a man saw a dark figure outside his window, and at first thought it was a man. It slightly resembled a naked man standing in the middle of the road, but after about 30 seconds the figure walked away. As it went behind some trees the witness thought he would go out to see who it was, but then a triangular UFO appeared, encased in an eerie glow with three lights, one in each corner. The craft then zoomed up into the sky, leaving a trail of white fog behind. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 2003, citing Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle).

Written by Donald A. Johnson, Ph.D. (Revised 23 October 2009)

Compiled from the UFOCAT computer database.

Themes: abduction, absence of physical traces, animal reactions, clicking sound, EM or gravity effect on light beams, fog or mist left behind by UFO, landings, multi-year reports from Texas, radar tracking of UFO, ovoid UFO, sensation of heat, short humanoids, stationary UFOs, triangular UFO, UFO landing on airport runway, unintelligible language, vertical ascent, wrinkled humanoids.

© Donald A. Johnson