On This Day

 Encounters with Aliens on this Day

 May 15

1879 - Witnesses aboard the ship "Vultur" in the Persian Gulf saw two very large "wheels" spinning in the air at 9:40 p.m. They watched them slowly descend to the surface of the ocean. Their estimated diameter was 40 meters, with a distance between the objects of 150 meters. They moved at an estimated speed of 80 kmph. The sighting lasted 35 minutes. (Sources: Jacques Vallee, Passport to Magonia: A Century of Landings, p. 180, case 4; Jacques Vallee, Anatomy of a Phenomena, p. 12; Ivan T. Sanderson, Invisible Residents, p. 111).

1909 - Shortly after 1:00 a.m. two witnesses watched as a cigar-shaped object hovered still over Casnewydd, Wales. Two lights from the object scanned the Newport Bridge for 10 minutes, then it flew away. At 11:30 p.m. an observer on the shore in Lowestoft, Norfolk, England heard a motor sound, then watched a bottle-shaped object fly overhead. There was a pilot sitting in the front. (Sources: (1) Carl Grove, FSR, November 1970, p. 17; Brinsley Le Poer Trench, Mysterious Visitors, p. 99; (2) Larry Hatch, U computer database, case 265, citing FSR, January 1971).

1952 - An U.S.A.F. F-51 aircraft flying over North Korea watched an unidentified object following a jet interceptor at 6:35 p.m. The object was subsequently in front of the F-51, with a positive radar lock-on. At 6,000 yards distance the object pulled away with an acceleration of 20 G's. At 8:00 p.m. a silvery oval object was seen below two F-86E jets flying south of Changson-Ni, North Korea at 8,000-10,000 altitude. The object was estimated to be 20 miles away, and travelled at a speed of 1,200 -1,500 mph in a "rolling maneuver." (Source: Richard F. Haines, Advanced Aerial Devices Reported During the Korean War, p. 39).

1956 - Two police watched four 30 meter diameter discs exit from a 150 meter cigar-shaped mother craft over Johot Baharu, Malaysia at 9:15 p.m. The discs then flew to the south in a V formation. (Source: Larry Hatch, U computer database, case 4981, citing Flying Saucer Review, volume 3, number 1).

1963 - Mr. and Mrs. D. of Carignan, France saw an object on the ground to the left side of the road as they were driving between Bergerac and Bordeaux, beyond the Yvrac intersection, 2.5 km from Maille, Gironde department. They stopped to observe it, and the object then followed them for part of their trip. The sighting lasted 10 minutes. (Source: Jacques Vallee, Passport to Magonia: A Century of Landings, case 570, citing Lumieres dans la Nuit, issue # 71)

1964 - At noon two school children in Wheatfield, Indiana saw two small humanoids on the top floor of a church. At 2:30 p.m. a 10-year-old girl saw a little man, three feet tall, reclining under a shrub pine tree. He had white hair, a small goatee, long arms, a reddish-blue complexion, and wore greenish clothing. He looked injured and appeared to be bleeding. He had more fingers on his hands than a normal human. (Source: David F. Webb & Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports, cases A0591 & A0592, citing Orvil R. Hartle).

1964 - Two UFOs were tracked on radar from the Stallion Missile Site on the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico beginning at 11:30 p.m. (Sources: Coral E. Lorenzen, Fate, October 1964, p. 45; Coral E. Lorenzen, Flying Saucers: The Startling Evidence of the Invasion from Outer Space, p. 225).

1964 - A circular UFO with very bright headlights flew in "an extremely wavy motion--like a float bobbing on the water" north of Lewistown, Montana at 10:28 p.m. It was witnessed by five people from two families. (Sources: NICAP UFO Investigator, August 1964, p. 7; Jacques Vallee, Challenge to Science: The UFO Enigma, p. 36).

1966 - A dark donut or tyre-shaped object with a hole in the center hovered and wobbled over Itaguai, Rio Janeiro State, Brazil at 5:30 p.m. It appeared to be about the size of an airliner. (Source: Irene Granchi, UFO Abductions and Reports from Brazil, p. 43).

1967 - After attending an amateur astronomy club meeting, Benito Hamburgo Valenzuela returned to his home in La Paz, Baja California, Mexico at around 11:00 p.m. where he encountered a giant, nine foot tall man. The man had large blue eyes, red hair, and very large ears. He wore a tight fitting red coverall like garment with short sleeves, boots, and bracelets on both arms. On his chest he wore an insignia of white dots, and he wore a white cap on his head that looked nickel-plated. He also wore a wide belt, from which hung a small box with a small antenna. The collosus pulled up a large piece of wood and sat down on it. He greeted Hamburgo in slightly accented Spanish, and introduced himself as "Wirkle, Chief of the Guard." He answered Benito's questions, anticipating them before the witness actually spoke them. He said he was from a very distant "region" and that they were an advanced race, concerned about the misuse of atomic energy. When he left he refused to shake hands, explaining that contact with him would aggravate Benito's cardiac condition. (Sources: David F. Webb & Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports, case 1967-39 (A0812), citing Mike Culbert & Paul Cerny; Daily Gazette, July 24, 1968).

1967 - A pilot and police along with several other witnesses in northeast Indianapolis, Indiana sighted a fat, multi-colored cigar-shaped UFO with a brilliant light in front at 11:15 p.m. There were no blimps flying at the time. It shot straight up (or at a very steep angle) very rapidly. The object was confirmed on radar. (Source: Frank Edwards, Flying Saucers - Here and Now! p. 246).

1971 - Fifteen-year-old Michael D. of Passapatanzy, West Virginia was on his way home with his dog after camping out the previous day with two other boys. He was crossing a grassy field at 10:00 p.m. when he saw a bright object slowly approach at a low altitude, passing over some high-tension wires that crossed the field. He crouched down in some tall grass as the object landed with a bounce, about 100 feet away. The silvery UFO was higher than it was wide and had a "walkway" that ran around its circumference. It had red and white revolving lights on top and made a humming noise. A door "came down" out of which emerged a "huge" figure who was hunched over and walked in a "stiff legged, bouncing" fashion. The humanoid being had long arms and wore shiny, light reflecting clothing. In one hand it held a glowing box. The humanoid giant appeared to be approaching the tall grassy area where Michael was hiding, so the teenage ordered his dog to attack the figure. The being then turned and re-boarded the craft, and within a couple of minutes it took off. His companions from the camping expedition came and found Michael a short time later still in the grass, moaning and very frightened. The next day seven holes where found in the ground at the site. They were 2.5 inches wide at the top and a foot deep into the soil. Two days later, Michael and several other family members saw a bright disc-shaped object, which had been pursuing his sisters as they drove in a car up the long driveway to their house. (Sources: John Carlson, NICAP UFO Investigor, May 1972 p. 1; David F. Webb & Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports, case 1971-17, citing John Carlson and Bruce Maccabee for NICAP).

1973 - At 3:10 a.m. northwest of Tosny, Eure Department, France a car experience radio interference in the presence of a UFO. The disc-shaped object then arced up into sky, changed shape into a rocket, and vanished. (Source: Lumieres dans la Nuit, issue 141).

1973 - At around 4:00 p.m. Fay, a 7-year-old girl, was with a boy about her own age on the golf course in Sandown, Isle of Wight, England when they heard a wailing siren at around 4 p.m. They followed it through a hedge into a swampy meadow, where the noise ceased. As they were crossing a brook by a footbridge a strange figure came out from under the bridge. This person fumbled with a book, dropped it in the water, retrieved it, and then went with "a strange hopping motion, with knees raised high" to a metallic "hut" with no windows.

The being was nearly 7-foot tall and neckless. He wore a yellow, pointed, hood with a black knob on top with "wooden" antennae or horns on the sides, and a green tunic with a red collar. "His face had triangular markings for eyes, a brown square of a nose and motionless yellow lips." Other round markings were on his paper-white cheeks, and a fringe of red hair fell onto his forehead. "Wooden slats" protruded from his sleeves and from below his white trousers. There were only three fingers on each blue-gloved hand and 3 toes on his bare, white feet. The being took from the hut a black knobbed microphone, into which he spoke to the children, now 50 meters away, saying "Hello, are you still there?"

Since his tone sounded friendly, they approached him. He then wrote in a "notebook", in a large hand, "Hello and I am all colors, Sam." Talking without the aid of a microphone, his lips did not move, and his speech was unclear. They asked about his clothes, which were all ripped, and "asked if he was really a man." "No", he replied, with a chuckle. When they asked if he was a ghost, he answered "Well, not really, but I am in an odd sort of way." "What are you then?" they asked, but he replied, "You know." He also said that he had no name, and "confided that he was frightened of people."

At his invitation, the children crawled through a flap into his hut, which he told them he had "just made." It contained two levels. The lower, which "had plenty of headroom", was "wall papered" in blue green and covered with a pattern of dials; there was an electric heater and simple wooden furniture. The upper level, less spacious, had a metal floor. He told the children that he fed on berries, and drank the river water after cleaning it. He said he had a camp on the mainland. Inside the hut he removed his hat to reveal round, white ears and sparse brown hair. Before eating a berry, he performed an "odd trick" with it; he placed the berry in his ear, where it disappeared and reappeared at one of his triangular eyes."repeating the process, the berry traveled to his mouth." The children talked to this being for at least half an hour, then rushed across the golf links to tell the firs man they had seen a ghost. (Source: David F. Webb & Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports, case 1973-092 (A1201), citing BUFORA Journal, Vol. 6, No. 5).

1973 - At 9:45 p.m. a one-meter diameter, violet disc-shaped object paced a car for 11 kilometers from Gerena to Sevilla in Spain. (Source: Vicente-Juan Ballester Olmos, Catalogue of 200 Type-I UFO Events in Spain and Portugal, case 165).

1973 - There were several reports from England late on this evening. At 11:00 p.m. several saw a silvery disc-shaped object in the sky over Fenham, West Moor, and Spennymoor, Durham. At 11:15 p.m. an ovoid UFO being watched by two on the road between Routh and Wawne, Humberside, England abruptly vanished. At 11:30 p.m. a sole observer in Cottingham, Humberside watched an object that was first round in shape, but later assumed a cigar-like configuration. Finally, there were several reports from independent witnesses and photographs of a silvery disc-shaped object from Rothbury, Northumberland. (Source: J. Bernard Delair, UFO Register, volume 5 (1974), cases 258-260).

1974 - On this day a businessman and a teacher had a UFO pace their car as they drove on the road in Pedroche, Spain. The object was described as round object and the size of table. When it intercepted their course they turned the car around and fled. (Source: Richard H. Hall, The UFO Evidence, Volume II. A Thirty Year Report, p. 346).

1974 - At 1:00 p.m. a dull gray, banana-shaped object was sighted hovering 60 meters over an electronics plant in Arroyo Grande, San Luis Obispo County, California; it made no noise, and the sighting lasted four minutes. There were independent witnesses. (Source: Larry Hatch, U computer database, case # 11321, citing NICAP UFO Investigator, July 1974).

1977 - Two twin sisters had gone into Middle Cliff field, at St. Brides, Pembrokeshire, Wales not farm from their home at Ripperston Farm, to play games. It was just after three o'clock when they saw a silver-suited figure walking away from them, about 60 to 70 feet away. The being went up to a hedge and seemed to walk through the barbed-wire fence adjacent to it. It then disappeared. On the other side of the field a silvery-white disc-shaped object with a red light landed. A a ramp-like stairway came out and a red "box" was ejected down the stairway to the ground. The stairs were then retracted, and the door in the object closed and the UFO took off. The girls ran home for their mother, but when they returned to the field there was no sign of the object or the being. The UFO was seen again that day, flying seaward, and large footprints were found in the grass at the landing site. (Sources: Allan Hendry, International UFO Reporter, July 1978, p. 1; David F. Webb & Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports, case 1977-27, citing Randall Jones Pugh for BUFORA).

1978 - At 1:00 a.m. the 24-year-old river pilot of the 'Lisa C' and another crewmember on the Apalachicola River, five miles south of Wewahitchka, Florida had a four minute close encounter with a 30-50 wide domed disc-shaped object coming out of the water. It had 8-10 illuminated windows, and each window was estimated to be 4-foot square, and was a frosty pink color. (Sources: Allan Hendry, International UFO Reporter, July 1978, pp. 2-3; UNICAT, case # 161).

1978 - A cattle mutilation was discovered this day on a farm in Gilroy, California. (Source: Jacques Vallee, Confrontations: A Scientist's Search for Alien Contact, p. 90).

1978 - On this cloudy evening Ignacio Sanchez Munoz, age 19, was walking along the road between Caujimolpa and Obregon, Mexico after finishing work at a nearby restaurant. He observed a hovering multi-colored, luminous cube-shaped object that was making a buzzing sound and emitting a yellow beam. He then received telepathic thoughts telling him that the cube was not occupied, but soon human-like beings would arrive on Earth. After conversing with the voice for an hour he was told, "soon we shall return to chat with you." (Source: Allan Hendry, International UFO Reporter, July 1978, p. 1; David F. Webb & Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports, case A1940, citing IUR).

1980 - At 12:40 a.m. a Mr. Hughes, driving on the M53 Motorway in Wirral, Merseyside, England sighted an object shaped like two curved artillery shells side-by-side close to the ground. Two shielded beams of light were projected downward from the object onto the ground. (Source: Alan Bell, FSR, August 1981, p. 13).

1986 - On this night a 70-year-old farmer named Joaquim, who lived near Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil watched a lighted object hovering about 50 paces away and approximately 15 meters above the ground for about 30 minutes. The object flashed a beam of light around the terrain, and it occasionally struck the witness as he stood in his doorway. Because of the brilliance of the light, he shielded his face with his left arm, but at one point the light struck his right eye. Joaquim said he heard voices, but couldn't understand the language. As the object glided away it hit some electric wires and broke one of them. He reportedly lost about 80% of the vision in his right eye, and he had a sunburn-like burn on his left arm. (Sources: Richard Hall, MUFON UFO Journal, August 1987; Richard Hall, Uninvited Guests, p. 317).

1991 - At 10:35 a.m.  in West Middlesex, Pennsylvania a man and a kid observed a dull gray blimp-like object with two appendages in the sky. It was surrounded by mist, while the center of the object glowed multicolors. It moved slowly at first, moved and dipped repeatedly. (Source: Donald M. Ware, MUFON UFO Journal, August 1991, p. 14, citing Stan Gordon, case # 910701E).

1991 - On this afternoon a short green humanoid with red oval-shaped eyes and huge pointed ears was spotted on the grounds of the local elementary school in Mini Mini, Puerto Rico. It apparently tried to communicate with one of the children from the kindergarten class. It spoke to the child in a "chatter" type of language, but ran off quickly into the bushes when some other children approached. Later that afternoon, two boys were playing in the area close to the earlier encounter when they heard a noise and saw the same or similar strange being emerge from the woods. They described him as short and bright green in color. He had an oval head with large almond-shaped eyes and huge pointed ears. He was thin with very long arms, and hands with only three digits on them. The being stood looking at the boys, emitting a strange "chatter" like noise. The boys threw fruit at it and then chased it, but it ran quickly and disappeared down an aqueduct. At one point the creature caused one of the boys to fall down by grabbing him by the foot. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1991, citing Jorge Martin, Enigma, issue #42).

1994 - At 11:45 p.m. prison surveillance cameras caught a two-foot wide UFO scanning the huge mesh perimeter fence of the Glenochil Prison in Alloa, Scotland. The object was a "bright white light with a big hole in the middle, like a giant polo mint" or donut. It was observed by two prison guards on the security video cameras, but was not visible to the naked eye. (Sources: UFO Newsclipping Service, July 1994; Ron Halliday, UFO Scotland: The Secret History of Scotland's UFO Phenomenon, p. 176).

1995 - On this evening Sr. Dolores Torres had gone out in his backyard in Barranquitas, Guayama, Puerto Rico to cut down some banana plants when everything around him became illuminated by multicolored lights of blue, yellow, red, and white. He looked up and saw a small transparent cylindrical object, only 14 inches long and 3 inches wide, suspended in the air. It appeared to be held in place by a dark cable coming down from above. At the same time he could hear a loud buzzing sound. Moments later Sr. Torres saw a large dark "form" that floated or flew down towards him. He could see that it was a humanoid figure enclosed in a dark "wing-shaped" outfit hovering over him. The being had a human-like face, was gray in color and had huge eyes that appeared to be closed. It wore a tight-fitting helmet or cap. The figure attempted to approach the witness, and he began swinging at it with his machete. Finally, the being and the multicolored cylinder glided away. Mr. Torres had a nervous collapse and had to be hospitalized. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1995, citing Jorge Martin, Evidencia OVNI, issue #6).

2000 - At 11:45 p.m. a married couple living north of Pine Gap near Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia responded by going outside when their dogs started barking and noticed a large dark object with lights that flew over from north to south, making no sound. (Source: Keith Douglas, Victoria UFO Research Society, website).

2003 - Two daylight disks were seen hovering over a mountainous ridge at the extreme southwestern point of the Crimean peninsula, Ukraine between 2:00 p.m. and 2:20 p.m. The disks were metallic, 10-12 meters in diameter, six meters high with central domes, and smaller, smooth protruding undersides. They approached the Black Sea and were in view for 20 minutes. A white-yellowish light was seen over the city of South Simferopol' that evening, changing brightness and pulsating, moving directly to the east. It appeared every other night from May 13 to May 21. (Source: George A. Filer & David E. Twichell, Filer's Files: Worldwide Reports of UFO Sightings, p. 35, 44, citing Anton A. Anfalov, Ukrainian UFO Research Association, an@crimea.com)

2004 - A woman reported seeing several objects hovering above her townhouse in Towson, Maryland at 12:30 a.m. She also reported that a Grey humanoid came into her home, and feeling a strange giddiness at the time unlike anything else she had ever experienced. She had a missing time experience, lasting at least 35 minutes. She has requested a complete investigation by MUFON. During the encounter the being made telepathic contact with her, and she experienced feelings of peacefulness, describing the entity as an "old friend". She felt that the entity seemed to express concern for her. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, 2004 Humanoid Contact database, citing Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, May 2004 webpage, quoting MUFON as the source).

2004 - A UFO allegedly crashed in the early morning hours in a remote jungle region close to Guri Dam in southeastern Venezuela. The hydroelectric station at Guri Dam is at the north end of the man-made lake, Lago de Guri. The dam is on the Rio Caroni, 100 km south of the Orinoco River at Ciudad Bolivar. The incident was witnessed by workers at the dam and took place northwest of their location. Soldiers of Venezuela's Guardia Nacional reportedly proceeded to cordon off the area, and undertook stringent security measures further north. In Puerto Ordaz residents saw low-flying, black helicopters cross the overcast sky, heading south towards the dam. The presence of U.S. military personnel was also reported, although relations between the governments of Venezuela and the United States are not cordial. The seismology unit at the University of Caracas reported movement at the time of the crash. Access to the crash site was difficult due to the torrential rains at the site during this time of the year. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, 2004 Humanoid Contact database, citing UFO Roundup, May 25, 2004, quoting Proyecto Orion, Scott Corrales, Christian Quintero of Planeta UFO).

2005 - At 12:16 a.m., when the witness saw a glow coming from behind a hill near the airport in Carolina, Puerto Rico, it turned out to be a luminous triangular object, making a buzzing sound. The witness's car would not start. A photograph taken of the UFO shows a glowing structure with dark corners at the apexes.Animal reaction: dogs barking, birds frantic. (Source: Scott Corales, ufoinfo.com).

2008 - At 11:43 in Coquitlam, British Columbia a witness sighted two orange, circular objects that were flying side-by-side very fast. They did a circle around each other and then vanished. They were making a humming sound. (Sources: Geoff Dittman, 2008 Canadian UFO Survey, case # 258; Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, May 2008 webpage, report uploaded June 12, 2008).

2009 - At 9:00 p.m. while driving up Highway 37 in Belleville, Ontario passengers in a vehicle spotted an orange disc-shaped UFO that they believed tried to communicate with them.  It was flashing a huge grid of lights at them for a three minute period; which was "not like anything we've ever seen before for." (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, May 2009 web page, report uploaded June 9, 2009).

Written by Donald A. Johnson, Ph.D. (Revised August 14, 2012).

Compiled from the UFOCAT computer database.

Themes: animal reactions: dogs barking, birds frantic; buzzing sounds; cattle mutilation; cigar-shaped UFOs; communication; disc-shaped UFOs; domed discs; donut-shaped UFOs; humming or buzzing sounds; landing traces; multi-year reports from France, Great Britain, Puerto Rico and Spain; nautical UFOs (UFOs that enter or emerge from bodies of water); pallid humanoid; physiological effects: skin burns, vision loss; pointed ears; radar visual confirmation; satellite objects exiting from larger UFO; short humanoids; silver-suited entity; UFO surrounded by mist; unintelligible language; vertical ascent; very tall humanoids; wheel-shaped UFOs; winged humanoid.

© Donald A. Johnson