UFO Roundup/UFOINFO LogoUFO Roundup/UFOINFO Logo

Volume 10
Number 15
April 13, 2005

Editor: Joseph Trainor

UFO Roundup and the UFOINFO site are operated on a "Not For Profit" basis. You can help to keep UFO Roundup operating by making a donation.


"Witnesses at Colonia de Sacramento" in Uruguay, a small country in South America, "said a powerful beam of light was seen in the heavens. The hypothesis was put forth by a military man on Radio 10" in Montevideo, the national capital.

"Uruguayans are still wondering what it was. The hitherto unexplained event occurred in recent days."

"Residents of Puerto Sauce and Colonia de Sacramento claim having seen 'a very intense beam of light that appeared suddenly in the heavens.' They also claim that there was a deafening sound and the windows rattled in the community's homes."

"In an interview with Radio 10, Colonel Jose Luis Vignoli, press officer for the Fuerza Aerea Urugayense (FAU or Uruguayan Air Force--J.T.) said that 'a missile was involved.'"

Col. Vignoli "said 'the control tower at Carrasco Airport received signals from two airliners.' One of the pilots, a Lufthansa captain, reported seeing a luminous object."

"The (Lufthansa) airliner had taken off from Ezeiza International Airport near Buenos Aires," the capital of Argentina, "and was in the vicinity of Carrasco. The pilot contacted the tower again, describing the object as 'very luminous' and as if 'resembling a fireball.'"

(Editor's Note: Ezeiza Airport in Argentina is 200 kilometers or 120 miles west of Carrasco Airport in Uruguay.)

"Later on, another aircraft--a courier flight by an FAU pilot--also reported a luminous object crossing the heavens."

"This pilot reported seeing 'an intense reflection against the waters of the Rio de la Plata,'" the freshwater estuary that lies between Montevideo and Buenos Aires, "and that it could be a rocket or missile. The other pilot described types of flames in an ascending direction."

"The second pilot also said that the flames could be from the afterburner of another (jet) aircraft. Afterburners enable pilots to obtain maximum acceleration in a matter of seconds."

"It is based on these descriptions that the FAU believes that the unknown object 'could be a missle.' This merely deepens the mystery because Uruguay has neither missiles nor launch facilities."

"Col. Vignoli explained on Radio 10: 'We can neither confirm nor affirm anything at this time,' rejecting the possibility that it could be related to 'matters extraterrestrial.'"

Colonia de Sacramento is located about 160 kilometers (100 miles) west of Montevideo. (Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales y Christian Quintero del grupo Planeta UFO para estas noticias.)

(Editor's Comment: Welcome to South America, Take it Away Week here at UFO Roundup. The current flap began with the abduction last week of Vanderlei Rodrigues dos Santos in Brazil's southernmost state of Rio Grande do Sul. Now it's spread into neighboring Uruguay and northeastern Argentina.)


On Wednesday, April 6, 2005, TV Canal (Channel) 13 in Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina conducted an interview with Capt. Alvaro Castillo of the Fuerza Aerea Uruguayense (FAU or Uruguayan Air Force--J.T.) about the recent UFO sightings in Uruguay's southern coastal region. "He spoke of 'a missile or a downed combat aircraft'" as being the cause.

"Meanwhile, UFOs were seen in Concordia," a medium- sized city in Argentina's Entre Rios province, right on the border with Uruguay.

On Tuesday night, April 5, 2005, "volunteer firefighters in Villa Zorraquir," a town 20 kilometers (12 miles) north of Concordia, "picked up a distress call on VHF radio from an aircraft identifying itself with three numerals. They immediately contacted the control tower at Comodoro Pierresteguy Airport, and the Fuerza Aerea Argentinera (FAA or Argentinian Air Force--J.T.) requested reports from all of the airports in the region. But no flight with Concordia as its destination was confirmed."

"Residents of Salto," Concordia's neighboring city across the border in Uruguay, "claimed to have seen 'an airplane is distress' flying at a low altitude over their city."

"A police detachment in Concordia in Entre Rios received reports of an alleged missile or aircraft in the vicinity of Termas Vertientes de la Concordia that was using a high-powered searchlight. Reports of the mysterious aircraft were received from that vicinity at 11:50 p.m. last night (Tuesday, April 5, 2005)."

"The FAA requested information from all airports in the province as to when an aircraft bound for Concordia could have been seen. This information was forwarded to the Third Aerial Brigade, headquartered at Parana. No plane had departed in the direction of Concordia. The three numerals of its call sign suggested that it could be an experimental (FAA) plane."

"A news crew from TV Canal (Channel) 5 set out immediately for the thermal baths in that location, ascertaining that neither the employees of the baths nor the tourists visiting there had witnessed the crash of the alleged airplane."

"Police officers, after combing the thermal baths and their vicinity, decided to return to their stations after alerting the Carabineros (Argentinian national police-- J.T.) to be alert to the possible appearance of 'a phantom aircraft'" over the Rio Uruguay valley.

Concordia is located 400 kilometers (250 miles) north of Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina. Its neighbor, Salto, is located 480 kilometers (300 miles) northwest of Montevideo, the capital of Uruguay. (See the Argentinian newspaper El Sol Matutino for April 6, 2005, "Phantom aircraft crashes?" Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales y Christian Quintero para esto articulo de diario.)


On Monday, April 4, 2005, "a mutilated cat was found on an estancia (country estate--J.T.)" in rural La Pampa province, Argentina, about 640 kilometers (400 miles) southwest of Buenos Aires, the national capital.

"Just before the carcass was found, the witnesses allegedly saw strange lights in the sky and heard guttural sounds resembling 'the sound of the wind,' after which she (the owner--J.T.) found the mutilated pet."

According to Argentinian ufologist Raul Oscar Chaves, La Pampa has been plagued with animal mutilations for the past month.

"A while ago, we learned that ten mutilated cows had been discovered here in the province," Raul reported, "The most startling impact is that crop circles were found in the pasture, and all of the cows appeared in one circle, with their heads pointing towards the center of the circle."

Raul added that members of CIUFOS-La Pampa visited the site of the cattle mutilation and undertook a detailed survey of the scene. (Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales y Raul Oscar Chaves para estas noticias.)


Daylight disc UFOs flying over the city of Culiacan in Mexico's state of Sinaloa were captured on videotape by Juan Antonio Lopez, a local resident. Lopez "managed to obtain excellent footage of the UFOs over his city," Mexican ufologist Ana Luisa Cid Fernandez reported. "Upon viewing the video, strange shining structures can be seen moving around at high speed."

Culiacan is 460 kilometers (276 miles) northwest of Mexico City.

The Culiacan sighting is just the latest in a series of recent encounters in Mexico.

On Sunday, March 20, 2005, Prof. Cid "photographed a spherical silver UFO over Tlalnepantla," a suburb 10 kilometers (6 miles) north of Mexico City. "Days later, she discovered a police helicopter in the photo." The helicopter "was flying at low altitude to monitor a disturbance of some area street peddlers. The UFO became apparent when she doubled the size of the photo."

On Tuesday, March 22, 2005, "according to a report by aircraft technician Alfonso Salazar, Radio Rojo News reported that a spherical UFO had been reported hovering motionless over Tlalnepantla. The news report was made by Jorge Flores, a reporter for Radio Rojo, and Guadalupe Juarez, a reporter on Radio Rojo's nighttime news hour."

The following day, Wednesday, March 23, 2005, Salazar and another Mexican ufologist, Carlos Guzman, were interviewed about the Tlalnepantla sightings by Radio Rojo.

On Thursday, March 24, 2005, "Sra. Malena Mendieta told Prof. Cid that she had witnessed 'strange low-flying lights' near her home in the barrio Patera Vallejo (neighborhood) north of Mexico City. The lights emitted a buzzing sound that surprised Sra. Mendieta greatly. This sighting took place during the early morning hours, and she was in the company of her daughter."

During a skywatch on Friday, March 25, 2005, Mexican ufologists Alfonso Salazar and Salvador Guerrero "manged to observe and record on video a spherical object on the east side of Mexico City. The UFO suddenly shifted speed and embarked on a new trajectory at the exact moment the (Good Friday reenactment of the) Crucifixion was being executed in Ixtapalapa."

On Saturday, March 26, 2005, "an amateur television cameraman captured video of a spherical object emitting white lights in Mexico City's northern region, flying at high altitude from south to north," according to ufologist Alfonso Salazar. (Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales y Ana Luisa Cid Fernandez para estas noticias.)


"Authorities say seven people received minor injuries in an apparent natural gas explosion that destroyed the rear of a Northeastern University dormitory in Boston," the state capital of Massachusetts.

"Police spokesman John Boyle said the people who were hurt were sent to area hospitals."

"The explosion sent flames shooting through the dormitory Wednesday," April 6, 2005, "injuring seven people and severely damaging the six-story brick building."

"Victims were treated for broken bones, cuts and burns, but no one was seriously hurt, said Richard Serino, Boston's emergency services director."

"The Fire Department said the explosion probably was caused by a gas leak in the boiler room of Kerr Hall."

"Kerr Hall houses dormitories and a faculty center" belonging to Northeastern University, whose main campus is a short distance away on Huntington Avenue.

"The injured included students, faculty, staff and a utility worker sent to investigate the gas leak."

"Kerr Hall on Boston's Fenway has been evacuated while the State Fire Marshal's Office investigated the scene. The blast occurred at 1:20 p.m. Wednesday, and its cause is not yet known. Fire crews arriving at the scene reported smelling a strong odor of gas." (See the Boston Herald for April 7, 2005, "Dorm explosion injures seven;" the Attleboro, Mass. Sun-Chronicle and the Kent County Daily Times of West Warwick, R.I. for April 7, 2005. Many thanks to Mary Lou Jones-Drown and Terry Duckworth for these newspaper articles.)

(Editor's Note: The Fenway, known in the Seventeenth Century as "the Fens," was the home of occultist Susan Pickman before she moved to Salem "on the North Shore" in 1671.)


Pope John Paul II (birth name: Karol Wojytla) passed away on Saturday, April 2, 2005, following a long illness, and had his funeral at St. Peter's Basilica in Rome on Friday, April 8, 2005, thereby fulfilling a prophecy made in the Tenth Century A.D. by St. Malachy.

During a series of visions in his native Ireland, St. Malachy was given Latin names to identify the popes of the future. He said one of the Popes of the Last Days would be known as De Labore Solis (Latin for Labor of the Sun, meaning The Pope of the Eclipse--J.T.)

Pope John Paul II was born on May 8, 1920 in Poland, during an eclipse of the sun. Fortean researcher Loren Coleman pointed out, "Interestingly, there was an eclipse of the sun on April 8, 2005," the day of the pope's funeral. "The April 8 sun is an annular/total eclipse, with a maximum duration of 42 seconds on a 25-mile (40- kilometer) wide path in a remote region of the southern Pacific Ocean and ends with a hint of shadow touching South America."

Coleman also pointed out that, astrologically speaking, the pope's "sun happens to fall right on his descendent, opposite his Mars."

"The pope was born nearly three months to the day after the death of Fatima seer Jacinta Marto in Portugal," UFO Roundup editor Joseph Trainor said, "Although he did not live long enough to canonize the three Fatima seers, the pope considered Our Lady of Fatima his patroness and also credited her with saving his life during the assassination attempt of 1981."

According to Vatican official Joaqium Navarro Val, "God granted Pope John Paul II many gifts, including incredible faith-healing and exorcism powers."

"The Pope's most spectacular exorcism took place in 1982, when priests told him that 22-year-old Francesca Fabrizi was possessed by the devil. Her parish priest, Father Giuseppe Baldini, later confided what happened:"

"'The Pope had barely crossed himself to begin the exorcism when she went berserk. Her mouth filled with a stinking yellow foam. Her voice became masculine. She hurled insults at the Pope as she rolled on the floor. Unperturbed, the Pontiff recited the prayers of the exorcist ritual.'"

"'Several times he ordered the devil 'In the name of God, whoever you are, I order you to leave the body of this woman!'"

"'At that point, the demon fled the victim's body. She became still, then took the pope's hand and kissed it.'"

"A year later, Francesca returned to the Vatican--to have her new-born baby blessed by the man who'd freed her from her demon."

"Given just weeks to live, Kay Kelly survived for 12 more years--thanks to a meeting with the pope."

"In 1979, doctors told Kay, a 32-year-old English mother of three, that she had incurable cancer. Her dying wish was to meet the pope."

"When Kay met the Pontiff, he took her head in his hands and prayed. Her tears poured onto his hands. Afterward, her constant pain suddenly disappeared--along with her tumor."

"The miracle was confirmed when she died 12 years later" in 1991 "from heart problems. An autopsy showed no sign of cancer."

"The Pope was visiting the Philippines in 1981 when he met Mother Vangie, a nun working in a Manila slum who'd been wheelchair-bound for 13 years. She told him about the accident that had left her paralyzed; he reached out to place his hands on her head and pray."

"Moments after the pope left, Mother Vangie stood and walked!"

In Italy, "Father Andrea Palamides, a deputy parish priest at a church near Rome, is convinced that the Pope had the power to work miracles--because he experienced it first-hand, too."

"Father Palamides lost his sight in 1993 after being beaten by muggers. A few months later, he was granted a special audience with the Pope."

"'The Holy Father put one hand on my head and held my hand tightly with the other,' he recalled, 'A few days later, on Easter eve, I suddenly regained my sight. I believe it was the Pope's touch that allowed me to miraculously see again.'"

"In the Roman Catholic Church, a deceased communicant needs at least two demonstrable miracles to be canonized or declared a saint," Trainor said, "Pope John Paul II already has four lined up." (See the National Enquirer for April 18, 2005, "How the Pope changed our lives," page 21. Many thanks to Loren Coleman for the astrological reading and St. Malachy prophecy.)


"They came as if on Easter pilgrimage--from Mitchells Plain, Retreat, Bontehuewel and Manenberg--to see the image of a crucified Christ on a frosted bathroom window in Lavender Hill," near Cape Town in South Africa.

"But a glass expert has cast doubt on the phenomenon, saying the type of glass indeed produces signs which explain the 'vision.'"

"Since it was first seen just more than a week ago, the 'vision' has attracted crowds of people who residents say have pushed and shoved their way into the bathroom of the Petersen family's ground-floor flat in Parkin Court."

"Remena Petersen, 18, who first saw the image when she looked through her bathroom window on (Sunday) March 20 (2005), told the Cape Argus last week that she had been moved to tears when it happened."

"But on Monday (March 28, 2005), people were still flocking to her home. Remena declined to comment, insisting that she first be paid for the interview."

"She did say, however, that the Christ, flanked by six angels, was visible after dark."

"Another Parkin Court resident, 17-year-old Dionna Esau, said that while the curious are still coming, the numbers have dropped."

"'People really believe that it's an angel,' she said, 'They say that when you go into the bathroom, you get a good feeling.'"

"However, unlike her neighbours, she doesn't believe the image is a religious sign."

"'It did look like an angel, but it's not,' she said, 'I think it's a reflection of the moon or a light.'"

"Nazli Petersen, 29, a neighbour who has lived on the same block of flats for nearly 12 years, said she had first seen the image last Monday (March 21, 2005) when 'an image of Jesus' had been 'quite clear.'"

"When she visited the flat again on Wednesday night (March 23, 2005), the image appeared to be fading."

"'Maybe it's a sign for all of us in Lavender Hill to make peace with the Lord,' she said." (See the newspaper Cape Argus of South Africa for March 29, 2005. Many thanks to Robert Fischer for this newspaper article.)


"Tornadoes and severe thunderstorms struck several states in the (USA's) South on Wednesday," April 6, 2005, "injuring at least nine people and destroying more than 30 homes in Mississippi."

"High winds also tore the roof off a high school there, but the 650 students inside were uninjured."

"Damaging winds and heavy rain stretched from New Orleans (Louisiana) to the Tennessee River Valley, said Anthony Diaz, a meteorologist with The Weather Channel. Mississippi alone reported 30 tornadoes."

"Worst hit Wednesday: rural Rankin County, southeast of Jackson, Miss. Storm after storm pummeled the area for several hours, Diaz said."

"At least 22 homes were destroyed and eight people were injured, one of them critically, said Lea Stokes, a spokeswoman for the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency."

"National Weather Service officials said the tornado was rated an F3 on the Fujita scale; its winds ranged from 158 mph to 206 mph (miles per hour--J.T.). The most severe tornado, an F5, can have top winds of 318 mph."

The F3 tornado tore right through the trailer park in Brandon, Miss. (population 16,436), a town in northern Rankin County, about 7 miles (11 kilometers) east of Jackson, the state capital. The Cook family's "mobile home was unoccupied when it was destroyed by the tornado. It also affected the 587 customers south of Thomasville Grocery in Brandon."

Curiously, Brandon has become "the Tornado Capital of Mississippi," having been "hit by three in the past dozen years, according to the National Weather Service." An F3 tornado in 1992 "took a similar path" as Wednesday's storm.

Fortean researcher Loren Coleman pointed out that the lexilinks phenomenon may be at work here. The town, he noted, "has the same name as Jim Brandon," the author of the 1978 book Weird America. And it was Jim Brandon who first noticed that tornadoes always seem to zero in on trailer parks.

"Jim Brandon's name game and lexilinks to tornadoes and trailer parks," Loren added, "The cosmic joker strikes again."

Another store was destroyed in McComb, Miss. (population 13,337), on Interstate Highway I-55 about 65 miles (108 kilometers) south of Jackson.

"Splintered pine trees, pink insulation and snapped power lines littered streets. Fallen trees smashed several vehicles."

"'We've got trees in our yard that don't belong to us,' said Sandra Cook, whose home in the community of Monterey was destroyed."

According to Lea Stokes, "sixteen counties in Mississippi reported storm damage. She said 29 houses, eight mobile homes and two businesses were destroyed, and dozens more were damaged."

"In Smith County, wind tore the roof off Mize High School. School officials moved the 650 students onto the first floor of the two-story school before the wind hit. No one was injured, said county schools Superintendent Warren Woodrow."

Mississippi "Gov. Haley Barbour declared a state of emergency in storm-damaged areas." (See USA Today for April 7, 2005, "Storms, tornadoes rock the South," page 3A; the New Orleans Times-Picayune for April 8, 2005, "Folks return to damaged homes in Mississippi;" and the Jackson, Miss. Clarion-Ledger for April 8, 2005, "Twister cleanup under way," and for April 9, 2005, "Families rebuild lives wrecked by tornadoes." Many thanks to Loren Coleman for these newspaper articles.)


"It sounds like a crazy story. But it isn't a croc."

"No, the monster tale circulating around town (Rehoboth, Mass.) has to do with another type of large reptile--a 3-foot (0.9-meter) alligator that approached a 10-year-old boy near a pond in southern Rehoboth and was literally clubbed to death."

"The alligator wriggled its way into local wildlife lore (Saturday) March 26 (2005), when the police responded to an emergency call at 144 Pleasant Street and found the creature dead on the front lawn."

"The boy who lives at the home told Officer Brian J. Thibodeau that he was in his backyard when the alligator emerged from a nearby pond and started to attack him."

"According to Thibodeau's police report, the boy said the alligator scared him, so he hit it with a golf club. The boy told the police he had spotted another alligator in the pond."

"When Jane Foster, the town animal control officer, got the call to head to Pleasant Street, she wasn't told what the problem was. It wasn't until she was driving to the address that she heard a dispatcher say that the situation involved alligators."

"'I don't usually handle alligators,' she said."

"Foster said she conducted a thorough search of the pond and the area around it, but didn't see any sign of a second alligator. She collected the body of the first one and later turned it over to the state Environmental Police."

"'If there was a second alligator, I think it's gone,' Foster said, 'I think it's dead. They can't survive in this weather. They're warm-weather animals, and our water doesn't get warm until much later in the year.'"

"Thus far, the police have yet to figure out exactly where the alligator came from. 'We have no idea,' Foster said."

"The current theory is that the alligator was being kept by someone as a pet, and, when it became too big to manage, it was dumped into the pond."

"'Somebody could have been driving by and just dumped him,' Foster said."

"Robert Arini, a Fish and Wildlife Management specialist for the state, said it's illegal to import alligators or keep them as pets in Massachusetts."

"Town officials have been making it their task to stress that what happened March 26 is an isolated incident and that town residents shouldn't begin worrying about alligators crawling out of local ponds."

That task became a lot harder on Saturday afternoon, April 9, 2005 when officers of the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Services removed three alligators from Bad Luck Pond, located between County Street and Hornbine Road in South Rehoboth.

UFO Roundup correspondent Mary Lou Jones-Drown, who lives in Rehoboth, reported, "I received a call late that afternoon from a family on Hornbine Road. They sent their 14-year-old son, Peter, on an errand at 3 p.m. and, as he was riding his bike towards the pond, he saw three or four police cars there. He stopped and the DES officer told him, 'You can't stay here. There's another report of an alligator.'"

"Peter watched the environmental officers bring out three more alligators. They were about 4 to 5 feet (1.3 to 1.5 meters) long. Nobody could figure out what they were doing in Bad Luck Pond. The water's freezing. It's only 45 degrees (Fahrenheit), too cold for a reptile."

"When an hour passed, and no word from Peter, his older brother, John D., 23, got in his car and went looking for him. John got to the pond just as they were taking out the third alligator. The DES people put it in the back of a pickup truck. John said he wished he had his camera because nobody would ever believe him."

Mary Lou agrees that the name "Bad Luck Pond" is unusual and said it dates back to early colonial times, the Seventeenth Century. "I'm not certain how the pond got that name," she added.

Fortean phenomena are no strangers to Rehoboth, which forms the southwest corner of Massachusetts' notorious "Bridgewater Triangle." In January 1910, a family on a sleigh ride saw a silver disc hovering at night over the intersection of Routes 44 and 118 in Rehoboth.

In 1968, "five people saw a strange ball of light floating among some trees" on Perryville Road.

In 1972, Rehoboth police investigated numerous sightings of "an African lion" near the Beckwith School. Large feline footprints were found, but the beast itself was never captured.

"Rehoboth is also known as 'the Ghost Capital of the Commonwealth,'" UFO Roundup editor Joseph Trainor added, "There are more ghosts in Rehoboth than there are witches in Salem...or UFOs in Fitchburg." (See the Providence, R.I. Journal for April 6, 2005, "Gator incident a new one for town officer," pages C1 and C3. Many thanks to Mary Lou Jones-Drown for the newspaper article and the telephone interviews.)


"A healing program at Red Lake High School in northern Minnesota was postponed and Monday's planned start of classes was in doubt after the FBI announced it was searching for a gun at the school."

"'We have uncorroborated intelligence about the possibility of a gun on the premises,' FBI spokesman Paul McCabe said Thursday," April 7, 2005.

"Five students, a teacher and a security guard were killed in an attack (Monday) March 21 (2005) by student Jeff Weise, 16, who then killed himself, the FBI says."

Weise's fellow student and cousin, "Louis Jourdain, 16, has been arrested as a possible accomplice." Jourdain was arraigned in federal court in Duluth, Minn. (population 86,918) on Monday, March 28, and then again on Tuesday, March 29, 2005.

"As law officers on Thursday searched the school for a weapon, educators announced that classes will start Tuesday," April 12, 2005, "instead of Monday."

"Authorities with the high school on the Red Lake Indian Reservation took the steps Thursday morning after the FBI told them of a 'continuing threat.' During the day, the FBI, tribal police and officers with the U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) searched the building; it could not immediately be determined if anything had been found."

"After learning that a gun may have been secreted into the school about the time of the shootings, authorities on Thursday postponed Monday's scheduled resumption of classes and launched an exhaustive search of the building."

"No weapon was found, said Pat Mills, public safety director for the Red Lake Band of Chippewa (true name: Anishinabe--J.T.). Mills said about 30 officers searched air ducts, lockers, crawl spaces, nooks and crannies."

"However, Tom Heffelfinger, the U.S. Attorney for Minneapolis, said a search for the gun 'is still going on.' He declined to elaborate."

"Mills compared the report of a gun on the school premises to bomb scares that have been known to close public buildings. He said officials are required to take such tips seriously, particularly in the light of the horrors of March 21."

Jean Whitefeather, "who is principal of Red Lake's elementary school, said the part of the high school where the shootings occurred will be opened for a private healing ceremony and re-entry Monday. Classes will begin, on a half-day basis, Tuesday."

"All of the reservation's public schools and its St. Mary's Mission elementary school will have armed officers on the premises when students return, Mills said."

It is still unclear how many Red Lake students were members of the group Jeff Weise called "the Darkers," and how many of them may have had foreknowledge of the attack.

"The top federal prosecutor in Minnesota says a Red Lake tribal police officer's claim that as many as 20 students may have known about Jeff Weise's plan to go on a killing spree at the reservation's high school was 'opinion,' and he refused to endorse it."

"U.S. Attorney Tom Heffelfinger in Minneapolis pointed out that the comment, made during a school board meeting" Friday, April 1, 2005, "came from a policeman whose department is not conducting the investigation into the March 21 shootings."

"'Our investigation into this matter is being conducted by the FBI and the BIA and although tribal police are consulted, the tribal police are not running the investigation or determining the strategy,' Heffelfinger said Tuesday," April 5, 2005, "'I respect opinions, but this investigation is being handled by federal authorities.'"

"Asked directly how many students may have had foreknowledge of Weise's plans, Heffelfinger declined to comment, saying the investigation is ongoing."

"As reports emerged that up to 20 students may have known about the plot," Red Lake High student Kevin Johnson, 18, told the National Enquirer: 'Jeff planned everything down to the last detail--he even made a sketch of the school and marked with Xs the rooms he wanted to hit most and wrote down a minute-by-minute schedule. He had specific targets, and a specific plan.'"

"'According to his plans, he was going to steal some weapons from his grandfather,'" Sgt. Daryl "Dash" Lussier, 58, of the Red Lake police, who is believed to have been the first victim shot, "'and hand them out to his accomplices. He was going to get the guns and stash them and wait a few days.'"

"'He wrote that he was going to wait in the woods near his grandfather's home and wait for his grandfather to leave, then go inside and get the guns.'"

"'According to Jeff's detailed plans, the first target was supposed to be the principal's office, where he intended to kill everyone inside. The second target was the In-School Suspension room or ISS. Jeff had been suspended for making threats and caused plenty of other trouble in school and had spent a lot of time in there, and hitting it was probably revenge. He was going to kill whoever was in there.'"

"'Then, according to his plan, he was going to move down the halls to what he called the A-plus room, where students work on basic skills. Once again, he planned to shoot everyone inside.'"

"'He also planned to shoot any students he encountered in the halls, especially those he considered 'popular.' Then, he wrote, he was going to make his way to the school gymnasium, shooting all the while, and then kill himself in the gym.'"

No further arrests have been made as of this moment. It is unknown if "Mac" and "Rose," two fellow Darkers Jeff Weise mentioned in an email, are still on the reservation or if they fled following the arrest of Louis Jourdain. (See USA Today for April 8, 2005, "FBI looks for gun at Red Lake High," page 5A; the Duluth, Minn. News-Tribune for April 7, 2005, "Federal prosecutor discounts widespread knowledge of plot," page 7A; for April 8, 2005, "Search for gun delays school's reopening," page 1A; and for April 9, 2005, "Search for gun come up empty at Red Lake," page 1A; and the National Enquirer for April 18, 2005, "Killer wanted pals to help shoot more at school," page 24.)

(Editor's Comment: In the past couple of weeks, I've noticed that the incidence of paranormal phenomena in the USA has gone down sharply. On the other hand, it has been more than offset by the upsurge in school shootings. Below is the latest on the copycats.)


"The father of a high school football player shot and wounded the team's coach" at Canton High School "Thursday, fled in a truck loaded with weapons, then tried to kill himself by slashing his wrists, authorities said."

"Jeffrey Doyle Robertson, 45, went to Canton High School" in Canton, Texas (population 3,292) just after classes started and shot coach Gary Joe Kinne in the chest, apparently with a .45-caliber pistol, police said."

"The coach, who is also the school's athletic director, was airlifted to a hospital in nearby Tyler (population 83,650), and a family spokesman said he was in critical condition."

(Editor's Note: Tyler, Texas is a notorious UFO and paranormal hot spot.)

"Robertson's pickup (a 1994 black Dodge pickup truck- -J.T.) was found about two hours later, abandoned on a rural road next to a golf course a few miles outside of town. Officers found him in the woods with cuts to his wrists, said Tom Vinger, a spokesman with the (Texas) Department of Public Safety."

"Television footage showed Robertson being carried to an ambulance on a stretcher."

"Police were investigating a possible motive. On Wednesday (April 6, 2005), Robertson's son, Baron, had apparently been banned from playing all school athletics, said Steve Smith Jr., a senior who was a defensive end and a kicker on the team."

"The father had been banned from the school's campus and told not to attend school functions after several confrontations with coaches over the past year, Canton Police Chief Mike Echols said."

"Some parents had been upset that Kinne had made his son the starting quarterback as a freshman, said parent Steve Smith Sr., who described Robertson as 'a very high- strung, hot-tempered individual.'"

"Smith said Robertson threatened his son last year-- grabbing his shirt and pushing him up against a fence-- over an on-field teasing. He said Baron Robertson, then a freshman, was walking off the field when some older students 'razzed' him."

"'This guy blew up,' Smith said, 'He thought some kids were picking on his son. My son wasn't even the one who said anything. But he (Robertson allegedly) threatened to kill him.'"

"Smith said he complained to the school and police, but Robertson was never charged. Canton school district superintendent Larry Davis declined to comment on Smith's accusations or complaints from other parents. 'I have no personal knowledge of that,' he said."

"Robertson had worked for six years for Dallas Plumbing Co., leaving in 2002 to start his own business with another man. Dallas Plumbing President John Downs described Robertson as a good employee and a devoted father who enjoyed taking his son hunting and fishing."

"The last time Downs saw Robertson was about six months ago, when Robertson had a broken leg, bruises and abrasions from a road-rage-related fight on the side of a highway, he said."

"'The last conversation that I had with him was that he really needed to learn how to control his temper or he was going to get hurt worse than that,' Downs said."

"A balding man with a goatee, Robertson had a tattoo on his arm of cartoon character Yosemite Sam brandishing two guns and the words 'Born to Raise Hell.'"

"The Texas Homeland Security Office had alerted state officials about the possibility that Robertson had a hit list, but Chief Echols said officers did not find one."

Canton is on Texas Highway 18 and Interstate Highway I-20 about 60 miles (100 kilometers) east of Dallas. (See USA Today for April 8, 2005, "Coach is shot at Texas High School," page 5A and the Duluth, Minn. News-Tribune for April 8, 2005, "Police: Father shoots Texas coach," page 5A.)


"A man wearing a bulletproof vest killed two people and wounded four others Thursday," April 7, 2005, "during a shooting rampage in Maryland and Delaware before police arrested him, authorities said."

As soon as the first three shootings were reported, schools on the Eastern Shore of Maryland "were forced to go into a lockdown mode."

"Maryland State Police told WBAL-TV in Baltimore that some of the shootings happened in Salisbury (population 23,743) shortly after 9 a.m. Officials said there were three shooting sites--Miami Avenue, Booth Street and Chippewa Boulevard."

"Here we go with the lexilinks again," UFO Roundup editor Joseph Trainor commented. "Booth refers, of course, to John Wilkes Booth, the assassin of President Abraham Lincoln in April of 1865. Interestingly, Booth operated in that area of Maryland during his career as a spy for both the Union and the Confederacy during the American Civil War. And we've just seen the word Chippewa in the context of the recent school shootings in northern Minnesota. The reservation is owned by the Red Lake Band of Chippewa."

"Wicomico County Sheriff Hunter Nelms said 'several' victims had been taken to Peninsula Regional Medical Center in Salisbury, Md. He said some of the victims are in serious condition. A spokesman at Peninsula Regional told WBAL Radio that three patients had been brought to the Emergency Room with gunshot wounds. He said two were 'in bad shape' and the third has a superficial wound."

"There were also reports of gunfire in Delmar, Delaware (population 1,407)," a small town on Highway 675 about six miles (10 kilometers) north of Salisbury. No one was wounded, but the car used in the shooting was similar to the one scene in Salisbury."

"Wicomico County school administrators said all 25 schools in the area--which hold about 14,000 students--had been locked down."

"Delaware State Police assisted police in Laurel, Delaware (population 3,668)," a town on Route 13 about 8 miles (12 kilometers) north of Delmar, "at the scene of the multiple shootings at the Discount Land shopping center," at the intersection of Route 13 and Discount Land Road, "as well as the Carvel Gardens apartment complex on Daniel Street."

"Laurel town manager Glen Steckman, who is also serving as spokesman for the Laurel police, confirmed that one person died at the Carvel Gardens location. At least one person was injured at Discount Land."

"All three towns--Salisbury, Md., Delmar and Laurel, Del.--are on Route 13."

"Delaware State Police Corporal Jeff Oldham said authorities had determined a motive for the attacks but were not releasing details. Police said the suspect, Allison Norman, 22, did not know any of the victims."

"Police said the suspect also carjacked a vehicle."

"Norman was charged with first-degree murder and handgun violations, officials said. He failed Wednesday," April 6, 2005, "to appear in court for a motions hearing on four earlier firearms charges. Clerk of Courts Mark Bowen said the court issued a $10,000 bench warrant for Norman." (See the Baltimore Sun for April 8, 2005, "Two die in shooting spree." Many thanks to Thomas Bates for the newspaper article.)


"Elena Torres doesn't know who the Minutemen are but she watched them as she crouched on the desert floor Saturday night," April 2, 2005. "She's a 41-year-old mother of three who has crossed the desert six times in the past decade to get a job cleaning houses in a wealthy suburb of Cleveland."

"She waited all night for a word from her pollero (guide--J.T.) to get up and run across the border."

"Meanwhile, less than half a mile from where she hid, around 50 of the Minutemen--volunteers with a civilian border patrol--planted flags in the ground from their homes states of California, Texas and New York and kicked off the first patrols of their month-long effort to search a corner of the Arizona border" with Mexico.

"All weekend, the Minutemen, many of whom are retired servicemen, slathered on sunscreen, stood on top of SUVs and peered through binoculars on the lookout for people like Torres. Mostly they saw Mexican police watching for drug smugglers, young kids cleaning up plastic bottles and trash, and the bright orange tunics of Grupo Beta, a migrant aid group run by the Mexican government, kicking up dust and looking for migrants."

"Grupo Beta found Torres huddled with 10 others yesterday morning (Sunday, April 3, 2005), persuaded them to turn back and took them to Grupo Beta headquarters for some hot soup. Most of the time, Grupo Beta focuses on helping migrants in distress. By the time migrants get to the U.S. border, about 15 miles (25 kilometers) east of Douglas, Arizona (population 14,312), they've walked for 3 or 4 miles (5 or 7 kilometers) and can clearly be in danger of dehydration."

"'We don't know the intentions of these Minutemen,' said Bertha de la Rosa, the local Grupo Beta coordinator. 'But we know they are armed. And our job is to protect migrants.'"

"'I don't think Americans are truly aware of the problem,' said 46-year-old John Lehmann, a Minuteman and corrections officer from Fleischmann, N.Y. 'I mean, all you have to do is see this fence,' he said and pointed to a thin string of barbed wire, all that seperates Mexico-- and potential terrorists, he adds, from the United States."

"The Border Patrol has officially disavowed the (Minuteman) project and says it merely complicates regular operations and endangers agents, migrants and volunteers. But there appears to be some support from (Border Patrol) agents on the ground. As Lehmann peers through his binoculars, a Border Patrol agent in a vehicle slows down. 'God bless you, man!' he shouts at Lehmann and gives him a thumbs-up" sign.

On their first day of operations, Saturday, April 2, 2005, the Minutemen "spotted illegal immigrants and called the Border Patrol. Eighteen suspects were detained, said Andy Adame, a Border Patrol spokesman."

"Also Saturday, about 150 people, some project volunteers, demonstrated in Douglas and Naco (population 833). They chanted, 'Hey, hey, ho, ho, illegal aliens got to go,' and sang God Bless America while passing the Border Patrol stations."

During the first few days, "the Minuteman Project aided the Border Patrol in the apprehension of 141 illegal aliens along the Arizona border and deterred many more from attempting to cross from Mexico."

"Albuquerque (New Mexico) City Councillor David Pfeffer said he wants to bring the Minuteman Project to his state. Pfeffer said he wants to be personally involved in the volunteer effort to patrol the border for illegal immigrants and smugglers."

"'I would be willing to get involved in an effort along New Mexico's border,' Pfeffer said."

"Pfeffer said he attended a gathering Friday," April 1, 2005, "of Minutemen volunteers in Tombstone (population 1,504) and that the meeting helped persuade him to support the effort. 'What I understood from the message was that we have a serious problem at the border,' Pfeffer said."

"Pfeffer said he would 'absolutely' be willing to get involved in a New Mexico citizen border guard project. As for carrying a weapon, Pfeffer said he 'wouldn't go there unarmed. There is a Mexican drug cartel that has threatened people's lives because of this. The smugglers that come across the border will shoot at you. So, no, I don't think it's unreasonable to think that some people around here arm themselves.'"

"Pfeffer said some residents of Santa Fe, N.M. were also present in Tombstone for the purpose of learning from their experience."

"Meanwhile, in Tombstone, Chris Simcox," a local newspaper publisher and the project's organizer, "said the effort has exceeded expectations so far. 'I'm just ecstatic with how successful it's been,' Simcox said, 'We want to continue until the government cares. Our president and Congress have continued to ignore this issue; the most serious threat to national security is the border.'"

"'Our aim is to send a message to Mr. Bush and to Congress that they have not listened to the demands of citizens,' said Simcox, 'We are showing what homeland security should look like. There should be a National Guardsman every 2,000 yards (meters) from the Pacific to the Gulf of Mexico. You can't find a greater threat to the U.S. than right here.'" (See USA Today for April 4, 2005, "'Minutemen' begin border patrol today," page 10A; the Tucson, Ariz. Citizen for April 4, 2005, "Migrants keep eye on Minutemen;" and WorldNet Daily for April 6, 2005, "Minutemen captured 141 illegals so far." (Many thanks to Jim Danvers, Corley Gordon and Brad Street for these newspaper articles.)

(Editor's Comment: American newspaper wire services stopped coverage of the Minuteman effort in Arizona on Tuesday, April 5, 2005. The only places you'll find news stories are in the Tucson Citizen and WorldNet Daily. Somebody in New York City must have gotten a stern note from Ariel Sharon.)

From the UFO Files...

1945: FDR...D.O.A.?

Tuesday, April 12, marks the 60th anniversary of the death of what some have called the greatest, and certainly most controversial, USA president of the Twentieth Century--Franklin Delano Roosevelt (1882-1945).

FDR's death at "the Little White House" in Warm Springs, Georgia on Thursday, April 12, 1945 took the world by surprise. The original news reports were very sparse, claiming that the president had died "suddenly" and Vice President Harry S. Truman had taken the Oath of Office, and that he had "died in bed" with First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt at his side.

In the six decades that followed, that story underwent some serious revisions. First it was revealed that old Eleanor had been nowhere near Georgia. Next that FDR had been sitting upright, having his portrait painted, when he was stricken by a cerebral hemorrhage. Finally, in the late 1970s, it was revealed that the president had been staying at Warm Springs with his long-time paramour, Mrs.Lucy Mercer Rutherford.

So, exactly what did happen to the USA's thirty- second president?

It's not that easy to tell. For one thing, FDR's medical chart vanished from Warm Springs right after the funeral train left for Washington, D.C. As with the assassination of John F. Kennedy 18 years later, there was no autopsy performed at the scene.

There is no question that, from late 1942 on,

Roosevelt was in declining health. But for the quick intervention of his son James, FDR nearly died of a heart attack aboard the presidential train in 1943.

About a year later, in July 1944, Dr. Howard Bruenn, a cardiologist with Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York City, joined the president's entourage. Dr. Bruenn examined the president three times a week at the Bethesda Naval Hospital in Maryland.

Dr. Bruenn "concluded that he (FDR) was 'in cardiac failure,' with a 'grossly enlarged' heart and 'tortuous' aorta. 'Appalled at what I found,' Dr. Bruenn said in 1992 that if he had ever been asked, he would have advised that a fourth term for Roosevelt was 'impossible medically.'"

"Modern antihypertensive drugs could have relieved the burden on Roosevelt's arteries, but those did not exist in 1944. As Dr. Bruenn recalled, there was little he could do but 'protect him from stress, keep down his excitement, insist on him having rest after lunch,' cutting back his smoking to six cigarettes a day and reducing his weight. After 'obstinately' obeying a rigid diet, Roosevelt lost more than 20 pounds, which left him looking gaunt and hollow-cheeked."

Shielded from the public by a friendly media, and running as the candidate of two parties, the Democratic Party and the Communist Party USA, Roosevelt managed to recapture the White House in November 1944, despite GOP candidate Thomas E. Dewey's talk about "tired old men" in the president's chair.

Like his arch-enemy Adolf Hitler, FDR was rarely seen by the public. He cancelled the traditional Inaugural Ball set for January 20, 1945 and gave the shortest radio speech of his career. At the Yalta conference, he "didn't know if he was on foot or on horseback" and newsreels of that event clearly show the president's declining health.

"On March 24, (1945) the Roosevelts traveled to their home at Hyde Park (in New York state--J.T.) for a long weekend. There the tranquility of spring's arrival" in the state's Hudson River Valley "was soon disrupted by troubling news about Poland. (UK prime minister Winston D.) Churchill feared (Soviet Union premier Joseph V.) Stalin was building the framework for a communist state in violation of the agreement struck at Yalta" in February 1945.

"Upon his return to Washington on March 29 (1945), a haggard-looking Roosevelt declared his need for more rest, and he made plans to immediately go south to Warm Springs."

"He left by train the next day (Friday, March 30, 1945) with his stamp collection, books and papers packed. A crowd awaited him when he arrived at the station in Warm Springs--the day before the U.S. invasion of Okinawa started--and some were surprised to see that the president could not assist the Secret Service men who moved him into an automobile."

(Editor's Note: March 30, 1945 was Good Friday. Nearly eighty years earlier, on another Good Friday, April 14, 1865, John Wilkes Booth had shot President Abraham Lincoln at Ford's Theatre in Washington D.C.)

The people of Warm Springs looked on in puzzlement. FDR "was dead weight in their arms, and the crowd breathed audible apprehension as FDR's head seemed to dangle peculiarly. The car conveyed him to the Little White House, a small, antebellum style home that FDR used during his visits."

"Newspapers reported that Roosevelt had several guests staying with him: his cousins, Laura Delano and Margaret Suckley, as well as his secretary, Grace Tully. The papers did not, however, report the presence of another guest, Lucy Mercer Rutherford, who had been Eleanor's assistant and Franklin's lover decades earlier (in 1918--J.T.)...Mrs. Rutherford's visit was unknown to Eleanor."

So the question is: was Roosevelt already dead when he was taken off the train?

There were only a handful of people who would have known the truth--the president's Secret Service detail, Laura Delano, Margaret Suckley, Grace Tully, Lucy Mercer Rutherford and Elizabeth Shoumatoff, a Russian artist and friend of Mrs. Rutherford's who had been commissioned to paint FDR's portrait. The president's true condition could have been kept secret at the isolated rural locale of the Little White House.

Prior to the train's departure from Washington, William Hassett wrote in his diary, "He (FDR) is losing weight...told me he has lost 25 pounds...no strength...no appetite...tires so easily." And he told Dr. Bruenn, "He is slipping away from us, and no earthly powers can keep him here."

Okay...so if Roosevelt died on the train March 30, 1945, who was the president during the intervening two weeks before Harry Truman took the oath?

Somebody in Warm Springs was responding to letters from Gen. George C. Marshall, Prime Minister Churchill and Secretary of State Edward R. Stettinus on official White House stationery.

Only one Cabinet official visited FDR in Warm Springs in April 1945. This was Henry Morgenthau Jr., the Secretary of the Treasury, a fellow New Yorker and the second Jew to serve in the Cabinet.

(Editor's Note: The first was Oscar Strauss, the Secretary of Commerce appointed by President Theodore Roosevelt, who was FDR's older second cousin.)

Both Morgenthau and Roosevelt were lifelong Democrats with roots in New York state politics, ardent Zionists and also shared a keen interest in Freemasonry.

In his new book, The Secret Symbols of the Dollar Bill, author David Ovason writes, "Franklin D. Roosevelt became a Master Mason in November 1911 (Notice the 911 in that date?--J.T.), in Holland Lodge No. 8" of New York City, "the same lodge of which George Washington had been an honorary member, when inaugurated first (USA) president in 1789." Washington had been initiated into Freemasonry in Fredericksburg, Virginia in 1752 at age 20 and was raised to Master Mason at the lodge in Alexandria, Va. in 1753.

"Henry Morgenthau Jr. was made a Mason in April 1922 in the Obed Lodge No. 984, Poughkeepsie, New York."

In 1935, during Roosevelt's first term, the president and his pal, "Henry the Morgue," completely redesigned the USA one-dollar bill, cramming it full of esoteric Masonic symbolism.

Take, for example, the phrase E pluribus unum. It's a bastardized form of Latin that would have John Charity Spring twirling in his grave. The proper phrase is Ex pluribus unum, meaning Out of the many, one. What happened? Did FDR and Henry spell it wrong? Not at all. It's just that Ex pluribus unum has 14 letters, and, for some arcane purpose known only to Masonry, there has to be 13 letters. So they dropped the X.

In his book, The Conquerors, Michael Beschloss offered the latest spin on Roosevelt's death, writing, "In Warm Springs that morning (April 12, 1945), Roosevelt had awoken with a headache and stiff neck which Dr. Bruenn rubbed. By noon, dressed in a double-breasted grey suit and crimson tie, he began studying papers. Margaret Suckley and Lucy Rutherford sat on a nearby sofa."

"Dipping into her water colors, Shoumatoff said, 'Mr. President, you look so much better today than yesterday.' She found that his 'gray (ashen) look' had disappeared and that he had 'exceptionally good color.'"

In a note, Beschloss added, "Doctors later explained that Roosevelt's flushness was a warning sign of his onrushing cerebral hemorrhage."

"Roosevelt had told her that the war against Germany might end 'at any time.' While she painted, he pulled his draft card from his wallet and threw it into his wastebasket."

"Suddenly, the President's head pitched forward. Margaret Suckley asked, 'Have you dropped your cigarette?' He said, 'I have a terrific pain in the back of my head.' Someone cried, 'Call the doctor--quick!' As Roosevelt was carried to bed, he murmured, 'Be careful.'"

A few things that are troublesome with this story...

(1) Dr. Bruenn rubbed FDR's neck an hour or two earlier. Surely he had seen the flushed face. Why didn't he react? Remember, he's been checking FDR's blood pressure daily since July 1944. If he saw a cardiac patient who had been ashed-faced for weeks suddenly start blushing like a schoolboy, wouldn't he at least do a quick check of his patient's blood pressure?

(2) Mrs. Suckley comments on how FDR deftly removed the draft card from his wallet and tossed it in the wastebasket. Yet "Henry Morgenthau," during his visits, "noticed with dismay that FDR's hands trembled and his memory of names seemed faulty."

(3) FDR supposedly said, "I have a terrific pain in the back of my head." But the cerebellum is in the lower center of the brain. He had supposedly been complaining of a headache earlier. Why didn't Dr. Bruenn identify the ailment as a vascular headache caused by a sudden demonstrable rise in blood pressure?

(4) How can FDR have died of a cerebral hemorrhage when, by his own supposed statement, the pain was in the region of the medulla oblongata?

(5) Finally, where is the president's medical chart? Who took it? And why?

Sixty years later, it's hard to describe the outright shock that swept the world at the time of the president's death. "Informed of Roosevelt's death, Stalin appeared stunned. A devastated Churchill could not at first muster a response to the news. Even Japanese radio offered praise for the fallen leader."

FDR's enemies in the USA were deeply suspicious. Gerald L.K. Smith, leader of the rightwing Committee of One Million, wrote at the time, "Until Eleanor Roosevelt explains to the world why the casket, containing the remains of Franklin D. Roosevelt, was not opened to be viewed by the public, the death of her husband will remain an unsolved mystery...Every prominent figure who has passed away in modern times has left behind him a responsible group of friends and relatives who have insisted that his body 'lie in state' to be viewed by the public prior to burial. This custom was not only violated by the Roosevelt family and the White House palace guard as pertains to the public, but even in the case of the eldest son, Jimmy, who barely arrived in time to see the casket lowered into the ground at Hyde Park...Lifetime political henchmen of the ambitious four-term President were mystified, dumbfounded, chagrined, even openly embarrassed over the way the matter was handled."

So Eleanor Roosevelt would not even open her husband's casket so that son James could have a final glimpse of his father. That's strange behavior--even for Eleanor. What was she trying to hide?

Did Franklin D. Roosevelt die of cardiac arrest aboard the train that was carrying him to Warm Springs?

Was the president's body tucked away in the bathtub and packed in ice while his good friend, Secretary Morgenthau, ran the country for a couple of weeks?

That's not such a far-out supposition. Until the year 2000, and the publication of the book Edith and Woodrow, nobody realized that President Woodrow Wilson was practically a vegetable following his major debilitating stroke in 1919. While the president was bedridden in the White House, the USA was run by First Lady Edith Galt Wilson and the president's secretary, Joseph Tumulty.

Of course, that doesn't tell us who put an end to the two-week "Morgenthau Administration" and gave the White House to Harry S.Truman, who was both a 33rd-degree Mason and the thirty-third president of the USA.

Chalk it all up to yet another unsolved mystery of the Twentieth Century. (See the books The Conquerors by Michael Beschloss, Simon & Schuster, New York, N.Y., 2002, pages 82, 83, 84, 189, 190, 209, 214, 215 and 216; The Secret Symbols of the Dollar Bill by David Ovason, HarperCollins Publishers, New York, N.Y. page 156; Blood in the Face by James Ridgeway, Thunder's Mouth Press, New York, N.Y., 1995, page 69; and The History Channel Magazine for April 2005, "FDR: The Final Days," pages 43 through 45.)

Well, that's it for this week. Join us in seven days for more UFO, Fortean and paranormal news from around the planet Earth, brought to you by "the paper that goes home- -UFO Roundup." See you next time.

UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2005 by Masinaigan Productions, all rights reserved. Readers may post news items from UFO Roundup on their Web sites or in news groups provided that they credit the newsletter and its editor by name and list the date of issue in which the item first appeared.


Site Map | Home | UFO Roundup Vol.10 | UFO Roundup | Report a Sighting
Site Search | Submissions | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy

URL: http://www.ufoinfo.com/roundup/v10/rnd1015.shtml