UFO SIGHTING REPORT
June 7th 2004
Original Sighting Form Report:
Name: Donald L.
Location: I was heading north on I59 from about mile marker 50. It might be new technology being tested at the nearby test site.
Date: 7 June 04, about 2245 hrs local
Approach Direction: west to east crossing I59.
Departure Direction: east
Witness Direction: north
Description: I saw a large ball of light or fireball but not red it was blue with fire falling away from it. It was moving much slower than you might otherwise think it should unless it was much higher than my estimate. In that case it was very, very large as the fireball was large from my point of view. I thought it was a meteorite.
Color/Shape: Blue and shaped somewhat like jet exhaust in full afterburner but silent.
Height & Speed: It appeared to be low (1000 feet or less) but it made no noise that I could hear.
TV/Radio/Press: Unknown, I am wondering if anyone else saw this object.
Additional follow-up information from Brian Vike:
1. It was less than a mile away.
2. I watched it for 30 seconds.
3. The NASA test site is nearby.
4. It was just north of Picayune MS and mostly rolling hills.
5. No aircraft were present.
6. Weather was good but some fog.
7. It had a tail and fire falling from it.
8. It did not change directions at all.
9. The object was losing altitude but flying in a straight path.
10. Other people on I59 would have seen it as it was a very large (but silent).
11. It did not light up the sky much or anything on the ground either.
Thanks for your time and trouble!
[UFOINFO thanks Brian Vike & HBCC UFO Research for the follow-up.]