UFO SIGHTING REPORT
August 17th 2004
Williamson, New York Disk Shaped Craft
Date: August 17, 2004
Time: Approx: 9:00 p.m.
Number of witnesses: 1
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: Disk shaped.
Full Description of event/sighting: My son just ran inside to tell me he saw a disk shaped object with a green light on top and some kind of blue illumination under.The sky was dark but not black yet. I asked him how he could see both top and bottom. He says it was stationary in the sky,in a tilted position. It was thin. He compared it to a CD. It seemed metallic.
Then it flew at great speed (he called it superextraterrestrial speed) towards east. There's a ridge over there so he lost it behind the trees.
I asked him to extend his arm and tell me if it was bigger than his thumb and he said it was as big as his 2 thumbs together.
My son just saw a UFO! I had him draw it because I thought he could have seen a meteor or something. Saucer shaped, green light on top, blue light on bottom. I'll go fill a report on the site. He said the bluish light under made it look rusty colour.
I missed it because hubby wouldn't come with me outside to look at the stars!
I'll try to see if someone else saw it around here. Pilots approaching. Rochester airport must have seen it!
1. - Clear sky, no clouds, no haze, no rain. Crescent moon. It wasn't quite night yet. Dark sky but not totally night. I went outside right after he came in, to get a visual description of the trajectory and the sky was clear.
2. - South of our house. It means south of Lake Ontario. Our house is about 4 to 5 miles south of the lake. We are roughly 35 miles east of Rochester.
3. - It shot straight towards East. No wobbling, no zig-zag, straight path. It was stationary in the sky, tilted, then sort of leveled up and traveled towards east at great speed. He didn't see any spinning or other movement.
4. - There was no sound at all.
5. - It looked rusty red, reddish brown to him. Green light on top always on, not blinking. He says it's hard to describe. It didn't look like a green light you'd find on an airplane, like an electric light. It looked like a green marble of light, glowing. That's the best description he can give me. At first was tilted in a way that he saw the green dot of light on top and the blue illumination coming from under was seen as a corona of blue light around and it seemed to be all over under the craft when he saw it speed away.
6. - No physical sensation or other.
7. - We have a tree that's about 20-22 feet high and the craft seemed to be between 3 and 5 inches over it from his point of view, you know when you measure with your thumb and index finger. He was working on his bicycle and I measured he was roughly 85 feet from the tree. We have a big yard, 2 1/2 acres of land. But the craft was further down south, as he saw it. As wide as his two thumbs put together when extending his arms up. His thumbs are almost as big as an adult but a bit slender. He's short, 5'3". I wish I had gone out in the yard like I wanted to!!!! It was a hammock night!
8. - From the moment he noticed it, it stayed stationary for about 4 to 5 seconds. The whole sighting may have lasted 7 seconds. The ridge is only a few miles away and he lost sight of it when it flew past the ridge. And the ridge is not that high.
9. - Hard to tell. We can see airplanes approaching Rochester airport every night in this part of the sky. I asked him if it was longer than the airplanes we see in the sky doing their approach. He says about twice the length. He says it looked to be about same height as the airplanes we see approaching Rochester. There is also a very small airport in Williamson and it's near the ridge. I doubt it's manned at all times though. It's for people with small planes, people who fly for the fun of it.
Thank you to the witness for the great report.
Brian Vike, Director
HBCC UFO Research