UFO SIGHTING REPORT
September 2nd 2005
UFOINFO Sighting Form Report
Location: Charleston, Kanawha County, West Virginia, USA
Date: 09/02/05 9:00PM E.S. (Local)
Approach Direction: South east
Departure Direction: North west
Witness Direction: North
Description: On Friday the 2nd of Sept. my husband and I were fishing in the Kanawha River near the state Capitol in Charleston, Wv. I noticed a bright star near the big dipper. I noticed it because it was brighter than the other stars. It started moving and crossed the sky going south east. It was very high. My husband thought it was the international space station because it was so high. It had no blinking lights and no sound. We could see airplanes but this was different. It disappeared over the mountians. About ten minutes later it came back much lower and there were two of there were two of them flying side by side. No blinking lights and no sound but this time they were much lower below the height of the planes. They looked like stars but moving. We watched them go north west toward the big dipper for about 30 seconds until my husband hooked a large catfish. After landing the fish the UFOs were gone. the night was clear and there were many stars visible despite the city lights.
Color/Shape: Pale white lights with no navigation lights. Star like.
Height & Speed: approach: very high much more than 35,000 ft.
Speed: 300-400 MPH (piper cub speed)
departure: maybe 4,000 feet
TV/Radio/Press: Not to my knowledge were they reported
Follow-up information from Brian Vike
Dear Brian: Here are the answers to your questions,
1. There is an airport less than two miles from the siting location. It is Yeager Airport, it is comerical as well as Air Guard. There are no know research centers near by. Charleston is the Capitol of W. V. but it is a typical city without anything exotic other than the best C-130 unit in the Guard.
2. The objects flew in a straight line both directions. No fancy maneuvers
3. The second time they appeared they were well below the planes flying high, I could tell by the higher (smaller) blinking lights on the planes. The objests were much lower the second time.
4. The color is hard to describe, they were pale white but brighter than the stars. They did not change color at all.
5. There was no contrail or fire trail that was visible to us.
6. My husband says thanks, we release all the fish we catch. He even de-barbs the hooks. Where do you live that you don't have catfish?
[UFOINFO thanks Brian Vike & HBCC UFO Research for the follow-up.]
Site Map | Home | Sightings Index | USA Sightings | Report a Sighting