Late Autumn/Winter of 1972

St. Charles, Illinois Objects And Missing Time

Date: Late autumn/winter of 1972
Time: Evenings

Hello Brian, This is what I witnessed and experienced in late autumn/winter of 1972. I was seven at the time, but remember this as clearly as if it happened last week.

There are some simple drawings of this event to help clarify what is not apparent in the report.

This sighting took place approximately 40 miles NW of Chicago in St. Charles, Illinois.

My brother and I shared a bedroom and due to the positioning of our beds we could easily see out of both windows in our room. His window faced east and if I lay in bed, normally there was a clear view of the eastern night sky from my position.

At some point in the night, which I estimate to be around 2:00 to 3:00 am., I awoke suddenly. By awoke, I mean completely awake, extremely coherent and clear. To give an example, each of us may have had moments in our lives that are completely lucid, more so that what we normally experience a majority of the time. This was one of those moments.

As I awoke, these words clearly and loudly formed in my mind: "I am being monitored." I can assure you this was not my normal mode of speaking at that age.

As this happened, my eyes opened and were in perfect focus. Out of my brother's window, in my clear line of sight, I saw two white, luminescent orbs that appeared to be less than a mile in the sky.

If one were to drop a straight line down from where they were situated, it would have landed in a field/forest area approximately 1/2 mile slightly east-northwest from our house. This is a significant observation, only I would not know it until about ten years later.

It was a clear night and the orbs were easily distinguishable from the stars by both their size and brightness. They were horizontal to each other, motionless, and from my viewpoint they looked like they were only about an inch apart, which means they could have been a fair distance from each other.

As soon as I had the aforementioned thought and saw the two orbs, a line of light, like a laser, encircled the orbs so that it appeared as if each orb was at either end of an oval right made of light. The oval ring formed in about 5/10ths of a second in a counter clock-wise direction starting from the top of right orb.

The body of the oval then filled with light (this happened very quickly), only not as bright as the orbs, or the oval ring, and the now unitary formation shot up into the night sky with such speed as can only be imagined. I have never since seen anything move that fast, even in movies with special effects, nothing compares to this.

The thing about this is that it really, truly feels like they were surprised that I woke up and knew I was being "monitored". I get the definite impression that it started "them", that it was not suppose to happen.

I got out of bed and walked over to my brother's bed to see if I could get an even better view of the sky and maybe see them still hovering but they were gone.

As one might imagine, sleep did not come easily for the remainder of the evening. There was no confusion about this. Even at the fact that I had no inclination to tell anyone, even though I was an extremely talkative boy at the time. It was not that I was afraid of not being believed or anything, there was simply no desire to say anything. Very unusual in my opinion.

Now, fast forward about ten years. I was walking home from a friend's house that was in the vicinity of the field/forest area I mentioned earlier. It was about 1:00 a.m. and the walk home would take maybe 10 minutes max. I walked in my door at about 5:10 a.m., according to the clock on the wall. basically, there are 4 hours of missing time. Although we used to party a little back then, on this night I was completely sober.

The last thing I remember is walking by that field/forest area thinking, "this is where I saw that UFO", which is what I always thought when going by there.

About a month or so later the missing time scenario happened again, only this time I was aware of something else. I became extremely tired and sleepy as I passed this area. Even though I was only less than three minutes from home, I "decided" to lay down in the weeds that grew in a ditch off the side of the road that was the entrance to the field/forest area and take a nap. Again, this was about 1:00 a.m. and again I walked in the door around 4 hours later at approximately 5:25 a.m.

It may be also be prudent to mention some anomalies about the above mentioned field/forest area. This area was prime real estate, close to Hwy, 25, with easy access to other paved roads, sewer and power lines. Yet, for all the time that I lived there (about 15, years), only one developer tried to build any housing and they did not complete the project. Not sure why.

This land, in early times, must have been part of a farm because there was an old, topless concrete silo on the far east end near the hwy. he odd thing about this is that someone always kept it completely painted in a bright orangish color. We had plenty of farms in out general area and never did I see any color even remotely close to that on any silo. It seemed like it got repainted every so often though I do not remember anyone doing this.

About the only thing I can add to this mystery is that I have often pondered on the means by which one could be "monitored" as stated above. I have a very good, detailed remembrance of my childhood and after some serious reflection, I may have stumbled on to another clue.

As I recall, it was in that general time frame that I was getting a lot of my teeth filled because we were told that I had cavities, even though I do not believe I had as many cavities as I have fillings.

For a long time, I did not think much about it, except for the passing cynical thought that the dentist was trying to pay off his mortgage early, but by and large this subject never entered my thoughts.

Over the past few years, I have noticed that others in my age group and that lived in that part of the country seem to have had an inordinate amount of fillings. It my memories, I remember that when we laughed as children playing often do, I could see all the fillings the other children had.

The other thing about the dentist that seems strange to me is that until I was a teenager, whenever I went in for a filling, he chose to use gas rather than Novocain, which may very well be the standard procedure, at least back then.

Thank you for reading my report.

Thank you to the person for the report.

Brian Vike, Director
HBCC UFO Research


Site Map | Home | Sightings Index | USA Sightings | Report a Sighting
Latest Updates | Site Search | Submissions | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy

URL: http://www.ufoinfo.com/sightings/usa/72autwin.shtml