May 18th 2002

Another Pilot Sighting Report, Plus.

The person who has reported this sighting to me wants to remain anonymous.

One night in 1977 on a flight to Chicago (ORD) and after passing abeam of Louisville, Ky., an extremely bright light appeared in the northeast. At first we thought it was an aircraft that had turned on a nose light, but soon realised that it was much too bright and was much more pure white than an aircraft light. It also appeared to be at a higher altitude than aircraft would normally fly. We asked Indianapolis Center if they had traffic at our one o'clock position. Their reply was in the negative and also mentioned that they had no radar contact. Shortly thereafter, the light winked out. The following sightings all occurred on the ground. On the night of May, 16th. 2001, I was in the yard of my residence observing satellites. I had a schedule at hand and a good pair of binoculars. At 01:10 GMT, what appeared to be a satellite showed up in the southwest, moving to the northeast. Unbelievably, it instantly made a 90 degree turn to the northwest. After making that instant change in direction, it began to slow down to a stop! Then I saw another, coming from the southeast on a course to join the first craft. As #2 was approaching #1, #3 showed up in the far northwest. It was not as bright as the other two and appeared smaller, but was very fast. I followed it for about 5 seconds and when I looked for #1 and #2, they both had disappeared. These craft were surely not satellites.

On the afternoon of May, 18, 2002, at 2:20 p.m., I was sitting in a lawn chair enjoying the fine weather. There were a few scattered fair weather clouds floating by, but for the most part the sky was clear and blue. Suddenly, in the northwest, something caught my eye. It appeared to be a shiny ball, heading to the southeast at high speed. Not a disc on edge, but a ball! At arms length, I estimated it to be the size of a BB. If it were manned and surely it was, it probably was at least 8 ft. in diameter. It "flew" across 50 degrees of sky in 5 to 7 seconds. It was NOT a mylar balloon or a weather balloon. Its course was straight and true. It must have had intelligent control as it passed over the western edge of Atlanta, Ga. and through the airways and the traffic patterns of Atlanta's Hartsfield Intl. airport.

Brian Vike, Director
HBCC UFO Research


UFOINFO http://www.ufoinfo.com/sightings/usa/770000.shtml