On This Day

 Encounters with Aliens on this Day

 February 5

1883 - A huge fireball flew over Lake Glasfjorden near Arvika, Sweden towards the northwest for 18 seconds. It turned toward the southeast and zigzagged through the sky for an additional 50 seconds. (Source: Willy Smith, International UFO Reporter, May-June 1984, p. 4, citing Nature, March 1883).

1934 - On this evening an unknown mysterious airplane made an emergency landing on Fager Mountain in Malsev, Troms, Norway. Two men were seen clearing away snow, and the engine noise was heard throughout the valley. Parallel marks in found in the snow, 75 meters in length, as well as two sets of footprints. (Sources: John A. Keel, FSR, July-August 1971, p. 18; David F. Webb & Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports, case A0107).

1950 - Seven people witnessed two cylindrical objects maneuvering in the sky at 5:10 p.m. near Falmouth Airport on Cape Cod, Massachusetts. A fireball dropped from one of them, then they climbed into the western sky and disappeared. Listed as a Project Blue Book "unknown" case. (Source: Cape Cod Standard Times, February 6, 1950; Loren E. Gross, UFOs: A History. 1950: January-March, p. 17; Project Blue Book, February 1950 summary report).

1963 - On or about this date a student, Anastasio Lenven, saw an object land on the school grounds in Asuncion, Paraguay. In a separate observation, several residents, including an official of the Ministry of the Interior, saw an object flying at very high speed over the city. (Source: Jacques Vallee, Passport to Magonia: A Century of Landings, case 562).

1967 - At 1:45 a.m. a boomerang-shaped object was seen for six minutes by seven musicians and five other observers in Oakland City, Indiana. The UFO flew off to the northwest. (Source: Francis L. Ridge, Regional Encounters, p. 27).

1967 - On this evening Timothy Johnson, a 14-year-old teenager in Hilliards, Ohio heard his dog barking and a strange noise, and then saw an 75-foot long ovoid object descend with tripod legs extended. The UFO had a rotating pattern of lights and came down to 30 feet over some railroad tracks, then landed near a school. It made a steady humming sound. From an elevator-like shaft came five or six tall, human-looking figures wearing black robes, who placed small spheres around the craft. A man walked up to them and appeared to speak with the entities. The teen was then noticed and the man ran after him, catching him by the back of the neck and causing burn marks. The man next dragged Timothy almost to the craft when his captors suddenly became panic-stricken, dropped him, hurriedly gathered up the spheres, and reboarded the craft, which took off rapidly. (Sources: NICAP UFO Investigator, May-June 1967, p. 6; Jacques Vallee, Passport to Magonia: A Century of Landings, case 816; Richard Hall, The UFO Evidence, Volume II: A Thirty-Year Report, pp. 326, 472; Raymond E. Fowler, Casebook of a UFO Investigator, p. 181; David F. Webb & Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports, case 1967-13 (A0782)).

1967 - At 9:45 p.m. M. Louis Monin, age 49, was outside his house in Sauvigny-les-Bois, L'Yonne, France when he saw an intensely yellow luminous ovoid object coming at very low altitude over a nearby cemetery. He called his 17-year-old granddaughter Marie Solange to watch it. The fat cigar-shaped object approached, then oscillated and turned red-orange, and finally landed in Monin's garden, 110 feet away from them. It was about 60 feet long and 20 feet high. At each end of the cigar was a jet of "flames," directed obliquely downward, and a crackling noise could be heard. Next, a stout little man, 3.5-4.0 feet tall, appeared standing beside the object. Monin and his granddaughter immediately went back into the house to call his wife, but when the three of them came out again the little man was gone and the UFO now appeared as a red-luminous ball about 25 feet in diameter. This ball took off and was soon lost from view. The observation lasted five minutes, and no landing traces were found in the garden. (Source: David F. Webb & Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports, case 1967-14 (A0783), citing M. Copin & Fernand Legarde for LDLN; UNICAT, case # 608, citing Joel Mesnard, GEPA Phenomenes Spatiaux, December 1969).

1968 - Nicholas Rinaldi, age 38, a commercial artist, observed a large cigar-shaped object at low level in rural Cromwell, Connecticut at 8:25 p.m.  He tried to approach it in his car but it flew away. This was his third low-level sighting of a dark cigar-shaped UFO since his first spectacular close encounter on January 24, 1967 with 19 other separate witnesses. (Source:Donald A. Johnson, on-site investigation).

1970 - On this day a spinning domed disc-shaped object, glowing orange and blue, approached three observers at Chesterfield Inlet, Northwest Territory, Canada to within 50-60 feet. The motors of their three snowmobiles quit working. The disc shot straight up vertically and was gone. (Source: UNICAT, case # 133, citing L. Couvrette).

1971 - On this afternoon two young men, P. Aliranta and E. J. Sneck, were working in the woods in Kangaskyla, Kinnula, Finland when Mr. Aliranta noticed a 15 foot wide metallic saucer-shaped object descend and land on four thin legs in a clearing 50 feet away. After it landed a short entity just under 3 feet tall glided to the ground from an opening in the underside. It was dressed in a green one-piece "diver's suit" and wore a helmet with a circular faceplate. It approached the young men, walking on top of the deep snow, and Aliranta moved toward it with his power chain saw in hand. Through three windows in the upper part of the object three more entities could be seen. The humanoid retreated from Aliranta and was levitating into the object from underneath when the young man grabbed it by the heel of its boot with his bare hand. He found that touching it burned like a hot iron and he had to let go at once. As soon as the being was back inside the object it ascended with a slight buzzing or humming sound. Both men felt stiff all over and had difficulty moving. Four landing leg marks and small footprints were left behind in the snow. (Sources: Tapani Kuningas, FSR Vol. 17 # 5; David F. Webb and Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports, case A1102, citing Tapani Kuningas).

Kinnula, Finland Close Encounter - 1971

1972 - In Evillers, France a red disc with blurry edges flew silently toward the north at a steady speed until gone from view. (Source: Lumieres dans la Nuit, October 1974).

1976 - Two women saw a dark domed disc with red and white lights through a second floor bedroom window at their home in France. Inside the transparent dome they could see two human like figures. They had tight fitting hoods on their heads. The UFO flew away over an orchard. (Source: David F. Webb & Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports, case A1861, citing Joel Mesnard).

1978 - Thirty miles east of Baladonia, Western Australia a 30-year-old truck driver was paced by a UFO on the Eyre Highway at around one o'clock in the morning. At some point during the incident, a brightly lighted object passed him, and then a small dull light pursued him for 30 minutes, retreating only when other traffic approached. He then had three hours of lost memory. The only memory he had was of a fragmentary recollection of some conversation with an entity about an invention. At sometime after four a.m. he found himself a few miles outside the town, with most of his clothing scattered about the truck cab. (Source: Bill Chalker, MUFON UFO Journal,  August 1980, p. 5).

1978 - Thirty-year-old Julio Fernandez and his English Pointer dog Mus were driving in his car to do some early morning hunting for hares. They were driving towards Soria province, Spain. At about 4:30 a.m. Julio stopped to drink coffee and anis at a wayside bar known as the Hostal 113, beside the highway on the outskirts of Algora. At 5:45 a.m. Julio left the bar and drove on, half an hour later passing Medicaneli. Suddenly he "knew" that he had to be at a certain location 15 km further on, and put his foot down on the accelerator. At this point his conscious recollection stopped.

Later under hypnotic regression Julio remembered driving his car when for no accountable reason he suddenly braked. From this point on the car seemed to act of its own accord, reversing, and then coming to a halt after having entered a narrow dirt trail backwards. Then the engine stopped, the lights went out, and the radio cassette player ceased to work. It was as though the electrical current had been completely severed, because the new battery no longer charged and the plugs no longer sparked properly.

Mus started growling, so as a precaution Julio took his Winchester single barrel, semi-automatic shotgun out of the trunk and loaded it with its maximum of five carriages. It was then that he caught sight of two somehat human looking beings coming down the road. They halted only one and a half meters from him. They wore seamless one-piece pastel green coveralls that reached to the feet and gave off a very faint luminosity. Their uniforms had no zippers nor openings and gathered at the waists. The suits were sufficiently tight fitting for their muscles to show. They wore pale yellow cowls or hoods, leaving only the face uncovered.

The men were about two meters tall and had extremely broad shoulders, with powerful dorsal muscles showing prominently, narrow waists, and they seemed unusually athletic. Among features that set them apart from ordinary human beings were the exceptionally long arms and hands, large crania and very large eyes. Julio felt a sense of peace and calm envelop him. When they addressed him he at first thought they were using speech, but later realized that their lips did not move, so he assumed they communicated telepathically with him.

They asked him to calm down and to follow them. Julio obeyed, taking along his dog and the gun. Julio was then led to a huge mushroom-shaped craft that had been concealed behind two hills in the bottom of a small valley, though hovering four meters above the ground. It was shaped like an inverted soup plate, had a matt, silvery metallic color, and appeared to have a diameter of about 60 or 70 meters and a height of some 15 to 20 meters.

Arriving underneath the central area of the craft, Julio noticed its had a completely smooth surface, as though molded in one piece, with no rivets or fittings. At this point he became aware of a powerful odor of pine, or possibly ozone, a smell also detectable on board. Julio's gun and knife levitated upwards into the craft. A smooth metallic cylinder then emerged silently from the center of the disc, stopping just above the ground. It was about four meters in height and 2.5 meters in diameter. A door, sliding upwards, opened in the descended cylinder's wall, revealing a small compartment lit by a strange white light coming from everywhere that Julio found disturbing.

By now frightened, he hesitated before stepping through the door into the shaft. The dog refused to follow him so Julio had to drag him in. What was now an interior elevator rose silently, stopping at an entrance to a corridor, where they alighted. Further along was another corridor, with two metallic doors, about 2.5 meters high. The whole appearance of the place was the most clinically aseptic. The walls were continuous with the ceiling, being joined by a gentle curve. Continuing along the circular passage, he came to a small ladder. The ladder looked like the steps of a swimming pool, with a very shiny finish and a cylindrical handrail. One of the beings led the way up, scaling the steps in two jumps with phenomenal agility. With some difficulty Julio followed, carrying the dog under his right arm and with the gun over his shoulder. He noticed the railing felt cold. At the top of the ladder was another individual who assured Julio that he had nothing to worry about. The "flight deck" was about 15 meters wide and five meters high. In the center stood a kind of console. It had some resemblance to an electronic organ. It was about 2.5 meters wide and had set metal footings with a transparent screen. The control table itself stood upon a circular platform. Elsewhere stood three smaller consoles set around the circumference of the room, in front of which were high conical seats. Also set close to the surrounding wall was a large square lead gray panel and a metallic rectangular table.

Set around the dome at intervals of about one and a half meters were rectangular windows made out of something like smoked glass. Meanwhile, his dog Mus had been around the flight deck, sniffing at everything, including at least one of the aliens, who reacted in a surprised manner. When Julio called out to his dog, the sound of its name evoked surprise among the entities. On asking where his hosts originated, Julio received an unintelligible mental response, including the expression "three seven, squared."

The aliens indicated that they would like to examine his dog and take blood samples from him. Mus was carried to a rectangular table and blood from his paw was extracted using a fairly normal looking syringe. The men then communicated to Julio that they wanted to examine him and placed him behind the screen on the rectangular table. After a few minutes he was given to understand that was all to be required of him. But in subsequent recollections---which proved harder to recover and which clearly he found disturbing---Julio said that numerous samples had been extracted from him, including blood, semen, urine, spinal fluid, saliva, and gastric juices. He believed that two women, similar facially to the men, were also onboard at the time. Julio was ordered to sit on one of the seats at the central console. Next to Julio sat one of the crewmembers who raised the left armrest and nimbly fingered several silvery buttons. The seat began to revolve along a track in the central console. Julio continued to sit beside the crewmember, his dog and gun at his side. Suddenly, a brief, piercing whistle was heard, producing a slight commotion on the flight deck.

The tallest of the three crew members quickly headed toward one of the consoles and all three studied the remote viewing screens in front of them. An image appeared of an older looking man. The crew members began talking among themselves. The man on the screen seemed to be a superior and spoke first, and then the others conversed with him. The language sounded harsh to Julio, he described it as sounding like a mixture between German and Korean. They seemed to spit out the words as they were talking, and some of the sounds were like coughs. The image disappeared from the viewing screen and Julio found himself back in telepathic communication with his hosts. Hectic activity ensued; as crewmembers started desperately pushing buttons. The central platform began to rotate in a counterclockwise direction, halting when the control console came in line with what Julio assumed was a "computer." Another whistling sound could be heard, from which point Julio seems to have passed out. After another whistle Julio was awake again. The crewmembers showed interest in Julio's gun and, passing it around among themselves, asked him about its use. A heavy smoker, Julio lit a cigarette. The men asked if they might take one away for study and deposited it into the same cylinder. Soon Julio was escorted to the lift cylinder, the metal door rose and he was back outside, in bright sunlight.

He staggered back to his car, where his dog awaited him, having run ahead. The car engine now worked, and he drove away without bothering to look back at the disc. Among the information imparted telepathically to Julio by the UFOnauts was that other, shorter beings were coming here who employed less ethical methods. These others, it was explained, "are engaged in probing and programming" the minds of those humans whom they have contacted or kidnapped. Julio Fernandez was killed in a car crash in 1992, coincidentally near the site where he claimed to have been abducted. (Sources: Jane Thomas, UFO Newsclipping Service, July 1979, p. 15, citing Cronica, May 22, 1979; David F. Webb & Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports, case A1918; Thomas E. Bullard, UFO Abductions The Measure of a Mystery, case 143, citing FSR, February 1985, p. 4; Timothy Good, Unearthly Disclosure, pp. 126-139).

1978 - At 8:00 p.m. a corporate pilot flying northwest of Klamath Falls, Oregon had a close encounter with a V-formation of ten bright orange-white lights which paced his plane, climbed rapidly, then sped away. (Source: Richard H. Hall, The UFO Evidence, Volume II:  A Thirty-Year Report, p. 124).

1979 - A young man driving in Lawitta, Tasmania, Australia experienced the brilliant illumination of his car at 9:50 p.m. by a bright white light that enveloped his car. His car radio died, then the engine and headlights, and he experienced paralysis and other physiological effects. He next experienced several hours of missing time and memory loss.  He was treated for shock. (Sources:Richard H. Hall, The UFO Evidence, Volume II:  A Thirty-Year Report, pp. 24, 258, 303 & 456; MUFON UFO Journal, August 1980, p. 6; Jenny Randles, Time Storms: Amazing Evidence for Time Warps, Space Rifts, and Time Travel, p. 37).

1979 - At 2:00 a.m. two women spotted a UFO while driving home from work in Brick Township, New Jersey. It was bright orange, fuzzy semi-circular with blue tints. It was seen just above the treeline, and estimated to be the size of a Zeppelin. It hovered over a lake near the airport, and then over the airport. (Source: Asbury Park (NJ) Press, February 5, 1979; UFO Newsclipping Service, April 1979, p. 1).

1990 - At 2:35 a.m., on an overcast night, a witness in Richmond, British Columbia first noticed a light outside the apartment building window, which came closer and became a deep red, glowing hamburger bun-shaped UFO. The object changed exterior coloration on approach from white to red. The witness roused a friend to observe the receding object, and the man and woman watched as it turned to first pink and then white as it flew away. (Source: Dan Wright, MUFON UFO Journal, August 1990, p. 21, field investigator Michael Strainic).

1990 - In Pensacola, Florida at 6:30 p.m. a 36-year-old man saw a 20-foot in diameter disc-shaped object with a steady white light on top and a pulsating red light on the bottom. He called his wife and another witness to come watch. The object followed a curved flight path with a wobbling motion. (Source: Carol & Rex Salisberry, MUFON CDROM database of UFO reports, case #900327).

1990 - At 9:15 p.m. in North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania a couple in their mid-thirties saw a oval-shaped object with pointed appendages and the top and bottom that hovered at 20 to 30 feet above the ground. The body of the craft was silver-white. There were rows of silver squares on side, which were rotating around the craft. It also had a row of red, green and blue lights that flashed in unison.(Source: Wayne Willis, MUFON CDROM database of UFO reports, case #900407).

1993 - In Pensacola Beach, Florida a ten meter long "helicopter" without rotors emitted three sets of four balls of light. (Source: Larry Hatch, U computer database, case 15959, citing UFO Newsclipping Service, March 1993).

1995 - In Greenville, North Carolina a square-shaped object with stripes buzzed a car at 1:30 a.m., then followed the car home. (Source: Larry Hatch, U computer database, case 17105, citing NUFORC).

2000 - A motorist driving in St. Andre de Cubzac, Gironde, France at around two o'clock in the morning reported to the government that he saw a luminous phenomenon moving quietly and slowly at low level, which then hovered above a nearby wood. Its distance while hovering was 200 meters, with an estimated altitude of 150 meters. The sighting lasted 30-40 seconds. (Source: GEIPAN, case # 320).

2000 - In Lordsburg, New Mexico two enormous "mothership" craft were reportedly seen on the ground eight miles away. The estimate of their size was more than 2,500 feet in diameter. Small satellite craft were also seen departing and returning. (Source: UFO Magazine (USA), May 2000, p. 16, citing Filer's Files).

Written by Donald A. Johnson, Ph.D. (Revised 7 September 2009).

Compiled from the UFOCAT computer database.

Themes: aircraft UFO encounters, animal reaction: barking dog, attempted abduction and abductions, boomerang UFO, disc-shaped UFOs, domed discs, humming, landing on tripod gear, landing on four legs, human looking UFOnauts, missing time, multi-year reports from Florida and France, orange UFOs, ovoid UFOs, physiological effects, red disc, short bulky humanoid, telepathy, truck pursuit by UFO, vehicle (snowmobile) EM electrical system interference, vertical ascent, zigzag maneuvers.

© Donald A. Johnson