On This Day

 Encounters with Aliens on this Day

 July 12

1952 - At 3:30 p.m. four elliptical-shaped objects, one-third the size of a transport plane, flew four abreast in formation at a high rate of speed over Annapolis, Maryland. They stopped in mid-air, executed a 90-degree turn, then accelerated and vanished in mid-air. At 9:00 p.m. an object the size of a B-36 bomber was picked up on radar flying over Kirksville Air Force Base, Missouri at a speed of 1,700 mph. (Sources: (1) Project Blue Book files counted in official statistics, case #1431; Loren E. Gross, UFOs: A History. 1952: June-July 20th, p. 51; Kevin D. Randle, Invasion Washington: UFOs over the Capitol, p. 269; (2) Donald E. Keyhoe, Flying Saucers from Outer Space, p. 57).

1956 - On the Pacific island of Levuka in the Fiji Islands, several people on a fishing boat saw a cigar-shaped UFO. It was close enough that the witnesses were able to describe square windows visible in the object. (Source: APRO Bulletin, September 1956).

1959 - A military electronic technician named Guerrero saw a saucer-shaped object hover and maneuver over the desert in Ridgecrest, California. (Source: Richard Hall, The UFO Evidence (Volume I), p. 138).

1964 - At 5:25 p.m. a huge domed disc-shaped object paced an airliner flying from Leningrad to Moscow while over the city of Bologoye, Russia. It then shot away. One of the witnesses was a Russian scientist named Zaytsev. (Sources: Ion Hobana and Julien Weverbergh, UFOs from Behind the Iron Curtain, pp. 284-286; NICAP UFO Investigator, March 1968, p. 6; J. Allen Hynek & Jacques Vallee, The Edge of Reality: A Progress Report on Unidentified Flying Objects, p. 292).

1965 - A UFO was sighted off of Milne Bay, Papua New Guinea on this night in the same approximate location as the famous CE-III sightings by Father Gill in 1959. A red light changed to blue. It was extremely bright, and was seen swaying from side to side in a broad pendulum swing, at least a mile in each direction. The witnesses were several school children and their teacher. (Source: Debbie Payne, Australasian Ufologist, October 2004, p. 29, citing the RAAF).

1965 - At 4:30 a.m. a group of newspaper boys sighted a silver, football-shaped object near Kolb Road in Tucson, Arizona. It hovered for 30 minutes, then shot off to the southeast at a very fast speed. (Source: APRO Bulletin, January-February 1966).

1965 - Humberto Aranjo da Silva, a student driving in Bairio Paraiso dos Barbeiros, Brazil nearly hit a saucer-shaped craft, 6 meters in diameter, which had two V-shaped landing pads and a dome, and which had landed on the road. It made a whirring noise. (Sources: Lumieres dans la Nuit, issue # 84; Jacques Vallee, Passport to Magonia: A Century of Landings, case # 653, citing SBEDV, issues 51, 53)

1969 - At 11:00 p.m. a dark gray, metallic inverted bowl-shaped disc flew over a farm in Van Horne, Iowa during a rainstorm, spinning counter-clockwise. It had a reddish-orange band two-thirds of the way from its bottom to the top, and made a noise like a jet. The witnesses were three teenage girls. A 40-foot circle of wilted soybean plants was found, but the plants were not bent over or crushed. (Sources: J. Allen Hynek, The UFO Experience, p. 129; UNICAT database, case 394, citing J. Allen Hynek).

1971 - At 11:00 p.m. Gaetan Paquin, a young man in his twenties, was just arriving home in Notre-Dame-Du-Nord, Quebec when a white object flew over the road. He next saw "a completely white being of human form, with a pointed nose, slanted eyes, and a little puckered mouth" standing near him. He saw the being in profile. "His height did not exceed 4 feet. He had no hair, and nothing that resembled clothing. He was very, very visible in the darkness--there was no light, for the sky was overcast and the electricity was out that night." The being appeared to be transparent, and Gaetan had the impression that a stone thrown at him would have passed right through him. Although the apparition completely ignored the presence of the witness, Paquin became frightened and fled. (Sources: David F. Webb & Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports, case 1971-44, citing Jean Ferguson, UFO Quebec, issue # 9; John Brent Musgrave, UFO Occupants and Critters, p. 50).

1975 - Four witnesses were walking up a footpath on Highdown Hill in Sussex, England when they saw a disc-shaped craft land nearby. A gray figure with a large lemon-shaped head then appeared. When the witnesses tried to approach the figure a shiny red beam of light hit one of them, and the man who had been struck screamed in pain and fell to the ground. He recovered quickly, and then all four of the witnesses fled the scene. Some glowing powder was allegedly found on the ground in the area later. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, 1975 Humanoid Contact database, case # 768, citing Norman Oliver, Quest UFO Magazine (UK), Volume 11, # 6).

1975 - At 12:50 p.m. Richard W. and three friends, Pat S., Nancy T., and Ross K. were having lunch together at a coffee bar in Dunedin, New Zealand. The weather that was cold and damp and all of them were feeling a bit under the weather. They sat around a table located opposite the stairs and quietly ate their lunches. All of a sudden time seemed to stand still. The noisy and busy coffee bar, occupied by 80 people, became absolutely silent, when everything froze in place like a still frame from a motion picture. People were twisted in strange and unstable positions, frozen while performing movements, and their bodies looked comic. Richard remembered witnessing a cloud of steam suspended motionless in a dynamic configuration above the expreso machine. He also remembered seeing a waitress pulling out hot cakes from the oven, and sustaining their heat in her motionless hands. In the entire cafe only the four of them seemed to be unaffected, thus having the occasion to observe what was actually happening. At the top of the stairs leading down to the coffee bar from street level an unusual man appeared. He was about 1.75 meters tall and looked to be about 19 years old. He was dark, slim, thin, with olive skin and black wavy hair. His clothes looked normal, but displayed taste and elegance. Everything about him looked strikingly perfect. The man was surrounded by a beautiful white glow, especially around his head and chest. The light seemed to come not from him, but from the air that surrounded him. He glided down the stairs without moving his legs. He actually floated in the air slightly above the level of the stairs. Then he moved to the counter and stood first in the queue. As soon as he got there, everything started to happen normally again. People continued their actions from the point when they had been suspended in motion. Everything looked as though nothing had happened. The man bought a glass of fruit juice and sat at the last free chair available at a 12-person table. He acknowledged the witnesses attention with a smile. They wanted to talk to him and find out more about his unusual arrival, but there was no easy access to his chair. So they decided to leave the coffee bar and wait for him upstairs at the only way out. After five minutes of waiting and not seeing him pass, Richard went back down to discover that he had gone, yet there was no other exit from the coffee bar. The group was also quite surprised to find that their various ailments, which included the flu and a migraine headache, were gone. About six weeks later they spotted him again. He stood at the top of the stairs at the same coffee shop again, intent on entering the cafe. He moved his head in their direction as a kind of greeting. His clothes were the same, except that this time he was surrounded by a faint green glow. When he appeared nothing actually happened. He walked down as normal people do (his steps somehow lighter than normal humans) unnoticed by anyone but the witnesses. He again bought a glass of fruit juice and again sat in the same place. A few times he acknowledged their attention by a friendly look. This time they decided to interrupt him and find out who he was, so they wanted to stand up and get closer, but none of them could move. When finally they did manage to stand up, they directed themselves out of the coffee bar seemingly against their will. Pat tried desperately to turn back, but her efforts failed. After a short while Pat decided to return back inside the coffee bar, only to find that the mysterious stranger had already gone. They never saw him again. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, 1975 Humanoid Contact database, citing Jan Pajak).

1975 - On the same day as the two incidents above, a giant hairy biped was seen sitting in the window of a hog shed in Preble County, Ohio. watching the ten-year-old witness, who had had a previous UFO encounter. The boy ran to get his mother, but when they returned the creature had gone. (Source: Donald Worley, Proceedings of the CUFOS Conference: 1976, p. 291).

1976 - On this evening in Savanna, Oklahoma three boys watched a white disc-shaped object with beams of light search through some woods at a low altitude. The air felt warm and they heard a "Whoosh!" sound. (Sources: McAlester Democrat, July 15, 1976; APRO Bulletin, January-February 1977, p. 1).

1977 - A domed disc passed over a hill in Roseto Degli Abruzzi, Italy at 1:50 a.m. Two kids playing with walkie-talkies experienced RFI radio interference. (Source: Maurizio Verga, ITACAT: Italian UFO Catalogue).

1977 - At 8:30 p.m. Adrian De Olmos Ordones, age 42, was resting on the balcony of his house in Quebradillas, Puerto Rico when he saw a very small figure across the road. It was about 40 feet away, and it slipped under a farm's barbed wire fence and walked toward a lamp post only 20 feet away. The little man was only three and a half feet tall and wore a green garment that seemed to be inflated with air. He also wore a large metallic helmet with a glass face plate encasing the head that came to a slight point on top. The helmet was surmounted by a short extension with a luminous point on top. On the being's back was a box like a knapsack. Sr. De Olmos also observed that he had only four fingers, that his feet were webbed like a duck's, and that he had a short tail, not long enough to reach the ground. In his right hand he carried a small shiny object. The witness told his daughter bring him a pencil and paper so he could make a sketch, but by mistake she turned on the balcony light. When she did the being ran back to the fence, passed under it, and then stopped and put his hand on his belt. Two red and two blue lights appeared on the backpack with two downward jets of sparks came out, accompanied by a sound like an electric drill. The being ascended 10 feet into the air and flew horizontally to a grove of trees 150 yards away. Mr. Olmos, his family, and neighbors watched the lights of the figure as he moved about the trees for 10 minutes, in company with another light. During this period the cattle on the adjacent farm "went crazy," running about and bellowing. The next day humanoid tracks were found and photographed at the site. A neighbor woman had seen a luminous object descend into the woods two days before. (Sources: Sebastian Robiou Lamarche, MUFON UFO Journal, March 1978, p. 3; FSR, April 1978, p. 9; David F. Webb and Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports, case 1977-36 (A1741), citing Sebastian Robiou Lamarche; Jorge Martin; Richard F. Haines, CE-5: Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind, p. 232).

1978 - A watch stopped when an orange glowing domed disc-shaped UFO came out from under the clouds 13 kilometers from the mountain town of Wiener Neustadt, Austria at 10:15 p.m. The two witnesses reported that the object then simply vanished. (Source: Ernst Berger, MUFON UFO Journal, June 1978, p. 3).

1978 - At around 11:00 p.m. a reddish-orange disc-shaped object, making a whistling sound, was sighted by several witnesses five kilometers away from Estacio Rambion in San Juan, Argentina. At the railway station the telephone stopped working and there was a television blackout. The batteries of some road machinery equipment were also damaged. A dog howled during the incident, which lasted about 15 minutes, and it later lost its hair. Three horses were also reported missing and never found. (Sources: Lumieres dans la Nuit, March 1981; UNICAT database, case 595, citing Guillermo Roncoroni).

1981 - At 12:50 a.m. five observers driving in a vehicle, including a college professor and a social worker, in South Canterbury, New Zealand saw a brightly lit domed disc-shaped craft with gold, red and green lights. It paced their car along a back road, making no sound. The object had several brightly lit windows and slot like indentations on its surface. A heavyset squat figure was seen at one of the windows. (Sources: APRO Bulletin, May 1982, p. 3; Richard Hall, The UFO Evidence, Volume II: A Thirty Year Report, p. 26, citing the Timaru Herald, July 31, 1981; Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1981, case # 2438, citing the MUFON UFO Journal, November 1981, p. 6).

South Canterbury, New Zealand Close Encounter - 1981


1981 - A nocturnal light hung stationary in the sky over the Dee Estuary in Cheshire, England on this night, and then shot off at high speed. It was sighted by an air crew that corroborated the ground level sighting. (Source: John Wallace Spencer, UFO Encyclopedia, p. 89).

1984 - On this night hundreds of witnesses in the Hudson Valley, Westchester County, New York saw a number of small round lights which hovered, made abrupt right angle turns, disappeared and reappeared. The objects changed colors, made a faint humming sound, and moved from one shaped-formation to another. (Sources: Richard F. Haines, Project Delta: A Study of Multiple UFO, p. 71; Peter Brookesmith, UFO: The Complete Sightings, p. 128; Discover, November 1984).

1989 - On this night at least six witnesses in Southend, Essex, England reported that a cone-shaped UFO paced a car. Lights on object turned counter-clockwise. The object shot off when the car stopped. (Source: Timothy Good, The UFO Report 1991, p. 228).

1998 - A female security guard in Lakeland, Florida spotted a strange "alien" entity standing on the corner of Dixie Highway and Lucern Road on this evening. The humanoid had pasty white skin, reddish blond hair, and black button eyes. His nose was small, his lips were very thin, and his eyes were black in color with almost no white area. He had neither eyelashes nor other facial nor body hair, his head was unusually large, while his ears were very small. He moved very slowly with short little steps and was wearing normal human clothing. The next evening the same or a similar entity appeared outside the security guard's workplace, over 12 miles away. When a second witness approached the entity mysteriously disappeared. The police were notified. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1998, case # 3156, citing UFO Magazine (USA), Volume 14, No. 1).

2000 - A 14-year-old boy had gone to bed late on this night at his summer cottage in Manooth, Ontario, Canada when he woke up to find his bedroom door open and someone walking in the living room. Soon an alien figure came to his bedroom door and entered, followed by two more. The beings were basically humanoid, gray in color, with large black oval-shaped eyes. One was taller than the others and he was holding a glowing blue rod, which apparently paralyzed the witness. He telepathically told the boy that they were going to cure an infection that was brought to Earth by another alien race. They inserted a long tube down the witness esophagus and through it injected a liquid. He was then able to move and was told to follow them. Outside he was taken aboard a landed disc-shaped object, where he was scanned and examined. Later he was brought back to his room. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 2000, case # 3614, citing Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle).

2002 - A scout troop with their scoutmaster saw 26 orange objects fly from south to north slowly, in single file, over Browns Plains, Queensland shortly after 10 p.m. The objects were described as balloon shaped, and glowed orange. There was no sound, and there were no navigation lights on the objects. (Source: Sheryl Gottschall Sheryl, UFO Research Queensland website).

2003 - The witness and her mother were driving home down a road in Ashland, Kentucky at around 10:00 p.m. when they saw a moving light in the sky. They first assumed it was a plane, but then it started moving faster. It sped up to an unbelievable speed and shot back and forth between wo stars, and then stopped as if it had spotted them. At this point their car stopped running. The UFO had disappeared but they had a feeling it was still present, watching them. It reappeared, this time closer. They next saw 20 to 30 lights zooming across the sky. These all stopped at the same star in the sky as the first one, and they all vanished in a bright flash. They heard no sound during any of this. The daughter reports that she then fainted, but her mother continued to watch. She said the light got bigger and brighter, and in the midst of the light her mother claims to have seen dark figures carrying strange instruments. When the daughter woke up, the car was on the side of the road about 20 feet from where it had been. About half an hour had passed, but it seemed to have been much longer. Her mother was now passed out and outside of the car. She appeared unharmed, but she did have a scar on the back of her neck. The mother convinced herself that the mark was from the back of the car door when she "fell" out of the car. For subsequent nights the pair have seen strange lights in the sky at night, dashing across the sky. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle, July 2003 webpage).

Written by Donald A. Johnson, Ph.D. (Revised 29 October 2009).

Compiled from the UFOCAT computer database.

Themes: abduction, counter-clockwise rotation, domed discs, dwarf humanoids, EM effects, Grey humanoids, healing, inside occupant, multi-year reports from England and New Zealand, orange UFOs, pallid humanoids, RV interference, sensation of heat, time distortions.

© Donald A. Johnson